|Dixie Dirt / Pieces of the World|
|Album:||Pieces of the World||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2005-10-30||Pull Date:||2006-01-01|
|Week Ending:||18 Dec||20 Nov||13 Nov|
|1.||Apr 07, 2006:||Distraction-Limited |
|4.||Nov 11, 2005:||Biff Bang Pow |
|2.||Dec 12, 2005:||Distraction-Limited |
|5.||Nov 09, 2005:||Epic Soundtracks |
|3.||Nov 18, 2005:||Biff Bang Pow |
Indie pop. Slow, personal, moody and pretty, with a female singer with a very nice torch voice. After a while, the slowness and repetition will get to you. Could be a little depressing.|
1. Slow repetitive slide guitar and female vox motif. Some horns join in later.
2. A slowly developing (maybe too slowly) song with somewhat grungy guitars.
*3. FCC (shit), a cleaned version is included, separate CD. A nice personal song.
4. Opens with a slow and lonely bass, keybaords join-in and with a guitar and singers (lead, and male background) they embark on a long gloomy journey.
5. Instrumental. Mid tempo plus. Drums, bass and guitars, a la Americana.
*6. part two of track 5. Faster, grungier, and energetic. Angry guitars with some ska touches. Vocals join later, and slow things down.
7. Begins with a nice rhythm and some wa-wa guitars. Slows down toward the middle and lead singer joins in.
*8. There’s an FCC that I couldn’t catch, but a cleaned version is included on a separate CD. Harmonica a la Bruce Springstin. Catchy song.
9. A gloomy (or sad, depends how you look at it) and long song. Acoustic and electric guitars and lead singer.
10. Mid tempo and long song. A dominant one-note bass. Guitar, female vox, and drums join in. Gets noisier toward the end but then subsides.
|1.||So Good So Bad||6.||Sleep Part Ii|
|2.||Pices of the World||7.||Long Distance|
|5.||Sleep Part I||10.||Appetite|