|Kane, Candye / White Trash Girl|
|Album:||White Trash Girl||Collection:||Blues|
|Add Date:||2005-09-18||Pull Date:||2005-11-20|
|Week Ending:||20 Nov||16 Oct||2 Oct||25 Sep|
|1.||Sep 11, 2012:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon |
What a Day for a Daydream
|4.||Jul 01, 2008:||Deep Fried & Sanctified |
|2.||Oct 23, 2010:||Music Casserole |
What Happened to the Girl
|5.||May 06, 2008:||Deep Fried & Sanctified |
Let there Be Peace on Earth
|3.||May 26, 2010:||public noize racket |
White Trash Girl
|6.||Apr 06, 2008:||public noize racket |
White Trash Girl
Kane, Candye – White Trash Girl (Ruf Records)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 9/11/05
Blues belting mama from the wrong side of the tracks. Hard rocking electric blues from the epitome of the big bad woman with the big bad voice and the heart of gold (and high-powered sex drive).
FCC – no bad words, but track 13 is about what it says it is. Ain’t a cut that ain’t good, but 2, 5, and 10 are my faves.
1. 3:12 *midtempo, driving beat, fun autobiographic lyrics
2. 2:55 **downtempo stroll, fun song about strong women
3. 3:28 slow, low key blues, sweet singing, great for a G.L.B.T. set.
4. 3:11 midtempo stroll, funky cover of the John Sebastian hit (might have changed the lyrics to “sleepy ol’ ho’” – hard to tell)
5. 2:29 **uptempo swing with horn section, great fun lyrics
6. 3:18 *swampelicious rocker about being a heartbreaker. Long fade at end.
7. 3:08 slow and mellow (even has a sax), great vocals
8. 2:33 uptempo, funky blues, harmonica
9. 3:10 *swinging on the syncopation, fun lyrics
10. 2:39 **uptempo piano-driven rocker (think Jerry Lee Lewis), great attitude
11. 4:04 slow bluesy love song (slow dance REAL close to this). Sounds like Ruth Brown. Great sax solo.
12. 2:59 *piano-driven boogie about a dominatrix dancer - fun
13. 2:34 uptempo piano boogie about FCC subject – very fun and naughty (in a nice way)
14. 2:39 Betcha all sang this in church when you were kids. Cool piano.