|Noiseshaper / Rough Out there|
|Album:||Rough Out there||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2005-09-04||Pull Date:||2005-11-06||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct||25 Sep||18 Sep|
|1.||Mar 03, 2018:||the acupuncture hour of music |
|4.||Mar 14, 2013:||Happy Hour |
|2.||Jul 31, 2017:||Happy Hour |
|5.||Jan 15, 2012:||¡Peligro! Es el pollo diablo |
|3.||Aug 26, 2013:||Happy Hour |
|6.||Dec 27, 2010:||Happy Hour |
Noiseshaper – Rough Out There (Sounds from the Roof)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/29/05
German reggae (in English/patois) with savvy lyrics and killer production. Most songs midtempo roots rock style with lots of dub in the production, railing against the violence in the world. Most have slow fades at end. Lots of ear candy here!
No FCCs. Most tracks are GREAT – try 9, 1, 7, 3.
1. 3:52 ***Very cool vocals and dub-wise production. Can’t get peace from a gun. Ends a few seconds early.
2. 4:51 *starts with a bit of toasting, nice melodica, bit of Rastafarian preaching non-violence. Slow fade out.
3. 3:37 **Sparse and cool instrumentation, vocals more toasting than singing.
4. 4:15 downtempo, kinda swingy beat. Very laid-back.
5. 5:08 **midtempo, very very dub and sparse, female vocal.
6. 3:17 Lighthearted take on tough-talking rappers.
7. 5:16 ***Spooky electronic music, fairly complex beats, chanted chorus with female backing vocals.
8. 4:36 Instrumental - starts slow and lush w/ acoustic guitar, builds to mid-tempo bubble then slows again a couple of times.
9. 5:37 ***dub and toasting (more anti-gun) – very cool.
10. 9:55 actually two tracks – 4:30 laid back remix of original vocals with spacey dub. 1:00 silence. 3:35 instrumental – sounds a bit like it’s played backwards – VERY spacey.
|1.||Automatic||6.||Ruff Like a What|
|2.||Walls of Silence||7.||Daemons|
|3.||This Is not a Gunthing||8.||Perdido|
|4.||Rough Out there||9.||Bushmaster|
|5.||Walking||10.||Kung Fu Fighting (Remix)|