|Xenakis, Iannis / La Legende D'eer|
|Album:||La Legende D'eer||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2006-01-08||Pull Date:||2006-03-12||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||26 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||15 Jan|
|1.||Sat, 10 Aug 19:||lionel hutz & dr. information|
|4.||Sat, 25 Feb 06:||the BIG CHIEF|
On The Warpath
|2.||Tue, 02 Feb 10:||Luke|
|5.||Tue, 31 Jan 06:||Neepa|
|3.||Thu, 23 Apr 09:||Brick|
|6.||Fri, 27 Jan 06:||Wedge|
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Experimental. Avant Garde. Brilliantly beautiful. This "symphonic" piece of electronic "noise" was composed in the mid 70s and was intended for Xenakis' Diatope, a multi-media spectacle (architecture, music, text, light) that was exhibited only twice in Paris and Bonn in 1978 and 1979, respectively. Appropriately named after the Myth of Er (see end of Plato's Republic), where a dead soldier (Er) comes back to life from death to narrate where souls go and/or judged after death, Xenakis' masterpiece certainly feels like a metaphysical tale of sounds. In this continuous 47 min-long piece, you will find a collage of electronic and acoustic sounds put together with absolute fluidity and musicality. This certainly feels like the sounds of a tropical forest with water being the main element. Although in the beginning and end, you may also find yourself floating in the universe between shooting stars.|
Xenakis' piece can be divided into 6 sections (this analysis has been taken from the liner notes):
1) 0-6:34: "the sonorous shooting stars"... 7 different pitches entering, flickering, blending slowly... slow.
2) 6:34-19:18: More intense blending of different background noises. A jungle of industrial and more nature-like fluid sounds.
3) 19:19-25:00: Lots of different percussive sounds (metallic and wooden chimes) that create a beautiful fluid sound. LOVE THIS PART.
4) 25:00-32:54: Dominated by electronic sounds creating a vortex effect (auditory illusion & rhythmic desynchronizations)
5) 32:55-40:16: Transition into stability
6) 40:16-end: Back to slow beginning of "the sonorous shooting stars"... slow to silent.
|1.||La Legende D'eer|