|Fruit Bats / Spelled In Bones|
|Album:||Spelled In Bones||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2005-10-02||Pull Date:||2005-12-04|
|Week Ending:||4 Dec||20 Nov||13 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||9 Oct|
|1.||Wed, 14 Apr 10:||Rae|
Lyric Ballads/Spider Rave
|4.||Thu, 28 Aug 08:||Mike R|
Undrinkably Bad Oddities
|2.||Fri, 30 Oct 09:||DJ Mittens|
Mittens & Scarves
|5.||Thu, 06 Sep 07:||Riina & Murray|
|3.||Sun, 18 Jan 09:||DJ Sonnika|
The Sonic Bubble
|6.||Mon, 28 May 07:||Kristle|
Something about music
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Beatlesque indie pop ballads. This sounds like the acoustic base of McCartney's Wings with a slightly more folky-country bend. Elaborate ballads with lush instrumentation and vocal harmonies. If you were to mix Wings with Calexico and maybe Radiohead, you would get Fruit Bats. I love when the lead singer sings at higher pitches like Prince. To come think of it, music minus vocals equal great elevator music!|
Play 6, 5, 8, 11
1. Paul McCartney's vocal melodies and harmonies. Did Paul write this one?
2. Piano-based with light casio beats and noisy effects in the background. Viola?
3. Pretty synth. Goes from Radiohead to Wings.
4. Alt country meets Radiohead.
5. Pedal steel guit? and farfissa? Lead singer pitches high like Prince or the BeeGees. This is kind of a fun tune. Very 70s.
6. Rhythmically faster. Bouncy and rockin. Nice organ hooks.
7. Vapid lyrics about bodily injuries... heart-break included.
8. Pretty, smiley song. Atmospheric. Nice piano lines.
9. FCC... "shit".
10. Crooning organ, wah-wah effects, and Dylanesque harmonica and guit lines.
11. Psychedelic! Piano. Sparse acoustic guitar, backward loops, sustained organs. Fades into bird singing.
|1.||Lives Of Crime||6.||Legs Of Bees|
|2.||Silent Life||7.||The Earthquake Of '73|
|3.||Tv Waves||8.||Traveler's Song|
|4.||Canyon Girl||9.||The Wind That Blew My Heart Away|
|5.||Born In The 70's||10.||Spelled In Bones|
|11.||Every Day That We Wake Up It's A Beautiful Day|