Mac from Superchunk’s indie pop/ rock side project. Though this one was recorded in a studio, it still has some of the lo-fi qualities that Portastatic is known for. Mac’s signature high-pitched vocals are everywhere and for once not really completely hidden in the mix.
My picks: 4, 5, 10 FCC: 1
1. med-slow, heavy bass, steady drums. plodding
2. med-fast. upbeat rocker.
3. med-fast. distorted guitars. backs off during the vocals.
4. med-slow. the single. steady guitars and drums. pretty catchy
5. bit of a country twang
6. bossa nova? beat.
8. distorted guitars at the beginning but it goes into a fairly laid back pop song.
9. fast. melodica or keyboard as a melody instrument. guitar solo.
10. med-slow. strings. subdued instruments