|Bottom Of The Hudson / Holiday Machine|
|Artist:||Bottom Of The Hudson||Added:||Aug 2005|
|Label:||Absolutely Kosher Records|
|Add Date:||2005-12-11||Pull Date:||2006-02-12|
|Week Ending:||Jan 15||Jan 8||Jan 1||Dec 18|
|1.||Feb 06, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
|4.||Feb 12, 2006:||Neurotic Tonic |
|2.||Nov 03, 2006:||The Late Plate |
|5.||Jan 08, 2006:||Neurotic Tonic |
|3.||Mar 19, 2006:||angsty alcohol |
|6.||Jan 05, 2006:||I once was canadian |
Eclectic mix of indie rock on this EP by now-Philadelphia-based band. Some of it’s pretty much shoe-gaze, some of it is indie pop. Sung with a distinctive baritone that reminds me of someone but I can’t think of who. Pretty standard rock band set up for the most part (guitar, bass, drums). I’m surprised by how much I liked this. |
My picks: 1, 2, 5 FCC: I didn’t hear any.
1. wash of distorted guitars ala My Bloody Valentine.
2. nice indie pop number. Guitar and piano.
3. steady strummed electric guitar to begin. Gets a bit louder toward the end
4. drum machine. half-spoken vocals.
5. sounds a bit like sebadoh. Steady-strummed guitars. nasal vocals. pretty catchy. keyboard near the end
6. somewhere between the last track and the wash of distortion of track 1. not a wash but a lot noisier than the previous track. Keyboards throughout.
|1.||Holiday Machine||4.||Conjecture Means|
|3.||One Of Us||6.||Is It A Crime?|