|Anomoanon, The / Joji|
|Label:||Temporary Residence Ltd.|
|Add Date:||2005-12-11||Pull Date:||2006-02-12|
|Week Ending:||15 Jan||8 Jan||1 Jan||18 Dec|
|1.||Thu, 12 Jan 06:||canuck|
I once was canadian
|4.||Fri, 16 Dec 05:||matthew stark rubin|
vampires dont bite other vampires
|2.||Thu, 05 Jan 06:||canuck|
I once was canadian
|5.||Fri, 16 Dec 05:||Boo Radley|
Biff Bang Pow
|3.||Fri, 30 Dec 05:||Boo Radley|
Here Comes Sickness (Little Darla Edition)
|6.||Wed, 14 Dec 05:||Red West|
Eels in the Loo
Dirty alt-country; indie trucker rock, or modern 70s rock. This is Will Oldham’s (Palace, Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy) brother Ned’s band and four Oldhams are credited in the liner notes, none of whom are Will, but the similarities are there. The voice sounds very similar. If Will Oldham played in Magnolia Electric Co, this would be like their songs. |
My picks: 1, 4, 5
1. (8:35) starts with a few seconds of silence. med-slow. repeated distorted riff. lengthy doubled melodic guitar line in the middle.
2. (4:12) med-slow. muddy, but not distorted, sparse guitar. turns into more of a rock number with multiple high harmonies about halfway through.
3. (3:57) med-fast. starts with just guitar, drums enter and play a steady beat. the harmonies sound very classic rock
4. (5:28) med-slow. repeated guitar riff trading off with a more subdued one. speeds up near the end. fade out ending.
5. (3:46) med-fast instrumental. heavily strummed acoustic guitar. electric guitars come in later. sort of wanders in the middle. come back together right before the end. continues into next song
6. (10:13) continues from previous song. med-slow. long, last 3 minutes are instrumental.
7. (7:10) med-fast. repeated guitar riff at the beginning and between verses. gets softer for a bit in the middle. distorted guitar solo to end the song.
8. (3:11) upbeat uptempo beginning. trades off with sparser, slower part.
|1.||Down And Brown||5.||After Than Before|
|2.||Leap Alone||6.||Wedding Song|
|4.||Green Sea||8.||Bird Child|