|Nawal / Kweli|
|Add Date:||2005-10-09||Pull Date:||2005-12-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||4 Dec||27 Nov||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct|
|1.||Jun 15, 2015:||788216 |
|4.||Dec 11, 2005:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Oct 24, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Nov 29, 2005:|| At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Jan 06, 2006:||No Cover, No Minimum: World Countdown |
|6.||Nov 27, 2005:||New World Disorder |
She’s originally from the Comoros Islands (in the Indian Ocean, off the Eastern coast of Africa), now based in France. She’s had to pin down. Indo-Arabian-Persian music with rhythms taken from the Sufi tradition, to which her family belongs. Plus some catchy Afro-European influenced-tracks. She’s a singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist, and seems to be danged good at all three. |
*1. Downtempo, haunting mix of chants/perc/flute.
*2. Upbeat & playful w/persuasive percussion & good use of chorus.
*3. Bright up/midtempo w/great energy. So cool.
4. Sweet, lowkey, gentle & pretty. Ends w/live women’s chorus.
5. Good percussion/vocals. Mostly uptempo. Sweet.
*6. Relaxed midtempo groove. Cool Jacques Brel tune.
7. A capella track. Slow, nicely emotive. Short.
8. Sweet chorus, lazy. Good use of backing voices.
9. Slow, spare, chilled-out w/nice Arabic feeling.
10. Guitars/perc/vocals. Midtempo and sort of relaxing.
11. Slow and gentle w/soft strings/vocals/perc
|1.||Al Djalilu||6.||Ces Gens-La|
|3.||Dunia Udjissa||8.||Tsihuziwa Riali Anri|
|5.||Mwaha Mwema||10.||Mwana Bahari Mwema|