|Album:||Coconut FM: Legendary Latin Club Tunes||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Oct 2005|
|Add Date:||2006-01-22||Pull Date:||2006-03-26||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Mar 26||Mar 12||Mar 5||Feb 26||Feb 19||Feb 12||Feb 5||Jan 29|
|1.||Dec 20, 2012:||Cacao!
|4.||Mar 11, 2006:||New World Disorder
Nova Danca (Melo Do James Brown)
|2.||Jul 11, 2006:||Radio of Imagination
|5.||Mar 08, 2006:||Afro Rhythms
|3.||Mar 25, 2006:||New World Disorder
Nova Danca (Melo Do James Brown), Gira
|6.||Mar 07, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian
Reviewed by Sadie O., 12/15/05
Compiled by a German electro-dance DJ, this is some seriously fun Latin dance club noise, ranging from cumbia to reggaeton to some funky stuff that ain’t been quite named yet. You just gotta quit wanking to the cover photo long enough to slap it on the turntable, you naughty little puppy! All in Spanish or Portuguese. Worth the price of admission for track 3 alone (make that 17, too), although 2, 4, 10, 13, 14, 15, lots of fun, too. Party party party party party!
1. 0:06 intro
2. 2.54 **cumbia with sweet female vocals, bouncy and fun
3. 2:09 ***squeals and fast jungle beat, girls rap over great 60’s twist riff with club beat – seriously funner’n fuck!
4. 2:47 **James Brown screams and horns, similar dance beat to previous track, with boy rapper, funk instead of twist.
5. 2:40 *glitchy male vocals, sexy girl talk, uptempo beat composed from vocals and drum machine alone.
6. 3:18 *midtempo salsa, mostly electronic backing, pretty male singing and harmonies, a lot more laid back than prior tracks.
7. 3:28 midtempo cumbia with pretty male vocals, apparently singing about gansta stuff.
8. 1:58 glitchy, sounds like an old mariachi recording with electronic blurps. Pretty odd.
9. 2:59 *reggaeton from one of the biggest stars of the genre – rather boring midtempo electronica with good rapper.
10. 3:12 **midtempo salsa, good male vocals, definite hip wiggler.
11. 0:05 another intro
12. 2:46 midtempo latin bounce with pretty female vocals. A bit on the Britney side…
13. 3:08 **tough beat, crazy noises, latin electronica hip hop. Fun!
14. 3:57 **uptempo complex syncopation, electronically “enhanced” vocals, definitely dancehall stuff.
15. 2:32 *biff, bang, pow, cool midtempo cha cha beat with bangs and a guy going “toma”… Fits well with experimental electronica.
16. 3:40 **more electronic funky stuff with breaking glass. Actually sounds like some of the hip hop from Africa. Or maybe that sounds like this.
17. 3:11 ***totally wacked out cha cha with female vocals. Way funky and fun and fit for serious booty wiggling.