|Nada Surf / Weight Is A Gift, The|
|Album:||Weight Is A Gift, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2005-12-11||Pull Date:||2006-02-12|
|Week Ending:||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||15 Jan||8 Jan||1 Jan||25 Dec|
|1.||Fri, 27 Apr 12:||Merricat McGee|
Outrun My Gun
|4.||Sat, 19 Mar 11:||Trent Kay|
The DJ Never Has It: Comeback Kid Edition (for Kaleo)
|2.||Tue, 11 Oct 11:||T-Lex and Lil' Lo Lo|
T-Lex and Lil' Lo Lo
|5.||Thu, 02 Dec 10:||Trent Kay|
And Other Useful Bibles
|3.||Tue, 29 Mar 11:||Ashleigh|
|6.||Mon, 05 Apr 10:||Phil Andrews|
Palo Alto Pop Overthrow
Pretty straight forward indie pop. I don’t know their previous work well to compare. Songs are held down by a lot of guitars and backed up with bass and drums. Keyboards, strings and other instruments make appearances on here. I suppose I hear similarities to Rogue Wave here. There are some great pop moments on this record and some sort of bland ones. |
-Adrian FCC: 7
My picks: 2, 4, 5, 9
1. med-fast. steady-strummed guitars. keyboards and high harmonies here and there.
2. med-fast. starts with strong bass and drums. slightly dark guitar comes in. nice chorus with harmonies.
3. med-slow. arpeggiated guitar with vocals (and harmonies). goes into dense (full distorted guitar sound) rock.
4. starts w/ med-slow guitar. comes in sounding pretty Death Cab-like. harmonies.
5. slow. starts with mellotron-like keyboards. Stays pretty sparse with prominent vocals. pretty song. almost like a different song comes in with 1:04 left, faster and sort of far away-sounding. ends with distortion.
6. med-slow. a few guitar parts. pretty straight forward indie pop. nice bridge leads back into the chorus.
7. soooo many FCCs it’s ridiculous. No way you can play this on the air. good song otherwise.
8. slow. slide guitar, plodding drums. atmospheric voices/ keyboards in the background
9. crunchy drums with acoustic guitar on top. Drums, etc come in later.
10. rock build up beginning, backs off before the first verse.
11. standard indie pop song complete with pre-chorus build-ups. dense layer of guitars. slows down and then picks up again. ends with 5:07 left.
Hidden track: starts with 1:57 left in track 11. keyboards and backward sounds. pretty atmospheric. ethereal vocals.
|1.||Concrete Bed||6.||All Is A Game|
|2.||Do It Again||7.||Blankest Year|
|3.||Always Love||8.||Comes A Time|
|4.||What Is Your Secret?||9.||In The Mirror|
|5.||Your Legs Grow||10.||Armies Walk|