|Instant Camera / Alive On Departure|
|Album:||Alive On Departure||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Instant Camera||Added:||Dec 2005|
|Label:||Wall To Wall Records|
|Add Date:||2006-03-26||Pull Date:||2006-05-28|
|Week Ending:||May 28||May 7||Apr 30||Apr 16||Apr 9||Apr 2|
|1.||May 27, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
|4.||Apr 26, 2006:||Forepl;ay and Sex Wax |
|2.||May 26, 2006:||The Top Shelf (with friends) |
|5.||Apr 13, 2006:||The Sad Men's Club |
|3.||May 02, 2006:||Radio Of Imagination |
|6.||Apr 08, 2006:||Biff Bang Pow |
Power-pop indie rock. Traditional song structures and instrumentation with some keyboard, synth, and wall of sound arrangements thrown in for spice. Good, catchy, pop hooks. But simple, and quite frankly, monotonous lyrics plague CD. Sound like Heavy Metal choruses (i.e. “Shadowman, Shadowman, Shadowman”). They mix some interesting sounds and have good hooks and endings, but overall feels like something is missing. Most songs clock at 3 min.|
FCC Clean. Picks: 1,2,7
1. ***Basic lyrics (I do like “Beyond Infiniti” though), simple structure, but good hook and synth(?)/guitar interplay. Nice bridge around 2:30
2. ***Wonderful echoing instrumentation. Probably most original track on album. Clocks at a nice short 2:20 too!
3. A little harder/faster song. Has the metal lyrics tho (“They call him Glass. Glass. He’s Back”). It looses its opening energy with repetition.
4. Another fast song. More electronics in this one. Very simple structure.
5. “Don’t wanna be, don’t wanna be the Shadowman… the Shadowman.” Everything else is pretty good. But the chorus is a song killer.
6. Electronic assault. Very punky. Has couple nice wall of sound sections.
7. ***Heavy static background, guitar strumming, and drawn out lyrics result in a full, drifting sound. Weird, abrupt transition w/ 15 sec left.
8. Good hook. Mid=blah. Great wall of sound ending. Last 45 sec = $$$.
9. Good enough, but again chorus “Terrorvision, tell your children” kills it.
10. Got that dark carnival feel to it. It is at least interesting.
|1.||Beyond Infinity||6.||Social Anxiety|
|2.||Another Suggestion||7.||Working Class Zero|
|3.||Dr Glass||8.||Existing To Cease|
|4.||Style Over Substance Abuse||9.||Terrorvision|
|5.||Shadowman||10.||Hearing Is Disbelieving|