|Brigman, George And Split / I Can Hear The Ants Dance|
|Album:||I Can Hear The Ants Dance||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Brigman, George And Split||Added:||01/2006|
|Add Date:||2006-04-16||Pull Date:||2006-06-18|
|Week Ending:||4 Jun||30 Apr||23 Apr|
|1.||May 30, 2006:||lick my moody guitar |
Part Time Lover
|3.||Apr 20, 2006:||Baptism Of Bloodstains |
Symphony In Effigy
|2.||Apr 25, 2006:||Lick My Moody Guitar |
|4.||Apr 19, 2006:||Brownian Motion |
I Can Hear The Ants Dancin'
Now on CD (we have an earlier 12’’ release). This is the second, more mature, album of George Brigman’s heavy distorted psych-Rock from ‘77. A bit more relaxed (at least some songs), less angry/depressed than his debut album (jungle rot) that was recorded when he was 18. Some tracks are instrumental, others are sung by Brigman. |
1. Mid-tempo. Bass, rhythm guitar and singing.
2. Bluesy bass opening, a relaxed piece with a nice wandering guitar. ~6 dead seconds at the end.
3. Heavy, fast, distorted guitars. More like jungle rot. A good example of Brigman’s music.
4. Good fast solo guitar opening for a good Rock song.
5. Instrumental Fast guitar and drums, with fast chord changes.
*6. Instrumental. Heavy distorted guitars. Good energetic noisy 2nd half.
7. Instrumental. Funky fast piece. Less distorted.
*8. Instrumental. Funky bass and fast drums with a droning electric guitar.
*9. Instrumental. Fast, great bass (maybe a later inspiration for Beck) and droning guitars joining later.
10. Bluesy distorted guitar with solo guitar modulation and singing.
11. Instrumental. Mid-tempo, calmer song.
12. Almost a white-noise opening with distorted guitars. Slow two-thirds-through to some reversed loops and then it ends.
*13. Instrumental. Mid-tempo, more relaxed, with a circling, wandering delicate guitar.
14. Psych Rock’n’Roll song with lots of wah-wah guitar.
15. Stairway to heaven/Beatles guitar opening. Distorted guitars/singing later.
16. Instrumental. Great Bluesy non-distorted guitar opening. Distortion and heavy drums added later. A 1:30 drum solo towards the end.
17. Instrumental. Half minute opening of VERY quiet bass playing. Guitars and drums join later.
18. Instrumental. Nice guitar and drums.
*19. Instrumental. Begins with 6 sec of silence. Then, an echo-ey, mysterious guitar. Interesting.