|James, Markus / Calabash Blues|
|Add Date:||2006-04-02||Pull Date:||2006-06-04||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||4 Jun||28 May||23 Apr||16 Apr||9 Apr|
|1.||Jan 06, 2009:||Deep Fried and Sanctified |
|4.||May 29, 2006:||The Hair of the Dog |
|2.||Jul 04, 2006:||The Cafe Americain |
|5.||May 23, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||May 30, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Other Side Of The World
|6.||Apr 17, 2006:||No Cover, No Minimum |
World blues/roots music from a locally-based guitarist/singer who seems to have adopted Mali as his spiritual homeland. This release has 7 new tracks and the rest are selections from his previous CDs. Accompanied by calabash (traditional gourd percussion). Tracks range from soaring blues to more rock-based, but it’s all Memphis by way of Timbuktu. Cool stuff for fans of both world and blues. |
*1. Cool guitar/calabash, mid/down like an African Howlin Wolf.
*2. Whispery vocals, spare guitar, spooky downtempo.
*3. Fairly straight blues moan guitar/harp/perc. Downtempo.
4. Driving guitar w/a blues/Afro rock sound. Mid/uptempo.
5. Cool, lowdown, midtempo blend of perc/voices/guitar.
6. Short & relaxed blend of whispery vocals/guitar/soft perc.
*7. Lowdown guitar/soft vocals, lowkey tribute to Skip James.
8. Nicely cool Afro funk blues, mid/uptempo. Chorus.
*9. Nicely scratchy vox/mditempo blues w/great guitar.
10. Lowkey vocal duet w/cool percussion accents.
11. Raw vox/guitar, harp. Lowkey and lowdown.
12. Is that a flute? Downtempo guitar/vox/perc blend.
13. Driving midtempo blues w/extra guitar goodness.