|Domingosiete / Quitate La Mascara|
|Album:||Quitate La Mascara||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2006-05-21||Pull Date:||2006-07-23||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||23 Jul||16 Jul||9 Jul||2 Jul||18 Jun||11 Jun||4 Jun||28 May|
|1.||Jun 08, 2013:||Music Casserole |
Quitate La Mascara
|4.||Jul 04, 2006:||New World Disorder |
Quitate La Mascara
|2.||Jul 18, 2006:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Jul 01, 2006:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Jul 11, 2006:||Radio of Imagination |
|6.||Jun 27, 2006:||Sun in Libra, Moon in Pisces |
DomingoSiete - Quitate la Mascara (Basiclabs)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 5/13/06
Eclectic Latin sound from L.A. raza musicians. Cuban Son, Cumbia, Norteno, a touch of Rock, nice combo of stuff, very well played.. This is just some really good shit, straight up. I could have honestly put a couple more stars by everything – if you like any Latin music even a little, you should give this a whirl.
No FCCs – essentially all in Spanish. I think track 2 is killer, but all are really excellent.
1. 1.43 *solo trumpet intro, slow horn and hand drum instrumental, langorous and slinky, very Cuban. Too short!
2. 3:43 ***acoustic guitar intro, electric guitar cumbia, midtempo with a bit of Link Wrayishness. Fun, 60’s sound.
3. 5:08 **midtempo bolero with horns – great dance number; shake that salsa!
4. 4:52 **midtempo cumbia with horns and accordion.
5. 5:42 **uptempo cumbia, great swing, very danceable. Builds a bit in tempo and intensity, esp. at end. Wheee!
6. 2:46 *sweet pretty, slow romantic groove with acoustic guitar and organ. Makes me sad!
7. 0:20 short spoken rant in English (word up!)
8. 5:08 *midtempo salsa/Son with horns and great hand drumming.
9. 4:08 **midtempo Cuban-tinged salsa – no horns this time, but awesome hand drums. Very rootsy. Bring me a lime for my rum.
10. 3:39 *downtempo, sensuous bolero with acoustic guitar and more great hand drums.
11. 4:16 **uptempo, complex syncopation, a definite booty-wiggler.
12. 3:58 **slow and sexy instrumental, almost a tango.
13. 0:49 (bonus track) slow, sounds like toy instruments.
|1.||Lola On A Bicycle||7.||No Te Pido Na|
|2.||Quitate La Mascara||8.||Ano Nuevo/Amanecer|
|4.||Mala Suerte||10.||Eso No Es Na'|
|5.||La Zenaida||11.||Piensalo Bien|
|6.||La Sirena De San Miguel||12.||Esta Noche|