|Cibelle / Shine Of Dried Electric Leaves, The|
|Album:||Shine Of Dried Electric Leaves, The||Collection:||World|
|Label:||Six Degrees Records|
|Add Date:||2006-09-17||Pull Date:||2006-11-19||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||22 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct||24 Sep|
|1.||Wed, 25 Jan 12:||Gamma|
|4.||Sat, 24 Apr 10:||tony echo*|
|2.||Tue, 06 Jul 10:||tony echo*|
|5.||Sat, 17 Apr 10:||tony echo*|
The Mobile Subject
|3.||Sat, 15 May 10:||tony echo*|
|6.||Thu, 19 Oct 06:||Benjie|
Trip Over Zero
A mostly English pop-programming-parade. She’s got a whispery, sex-kittenish voice and there’s lots of programming, which gives things a decidedly modern air but which also makes most tracks sound decidedly similar: downtempo, a little dark, with varying layers & moods. Rather self-consciously too “artistic” for my taste. I liked these the best:|
1. Lightly bossa, downtempo, a bit dark w/whispery male/fem vox.
4. Lazily swaying bossa – vocal duet w/various electronic sounds.
6. Mostly midtempo, swirling w/a sort of global programming
7. Mid/uptempo groove w/sexy French male vox in back.
8. Slow & romantic … like a love song on Veneusian radio
11. Soft bossa at first, picks up w/layers of extra noises