|Album:||Play At Home Version, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2006-05-21||Pull Date:||2006-07-23||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Jul 23||Jul 2||Jun 25||Jun 11||Jun 4||May 28|
|1.||Jun 27, 2013:||Schlepping Cobalt
|4.||Jun 29, 2006:||Baptism of Solitude
Come On Down
|2.||Oct 20, 2007:||Lost and Found
|5.||Jun 20, 2006:||Radio Of Imagination
|3.||Jul 18, 2006:||Galabanting Around
Curtain #1, Boomish Theme
|6.||Jun 08, 2006:||beat.net chapter 32.0: don't get me wrong, though; eran mukamel is still awesome
Whoa. Big name producers get together and create some combination of lounge, dance, and cheese all wrapped in a 70s game show theme. There are a handful of familiar 70s sounds mixed with modern beats and a layer of silliness.
1. Dramatic, game show intro.
**2. Nice lounge-y sound with some great string samples. Female vocal samples sing, “I love you baby, don’t you think it’s quit alright”. The looped “pretty, pretty, pretty” is funny.
**3. Starts out like a 50s TV show theme into a “groovy” and “swinging” sound with drum-n-bass beats. A couple different samples of the title, “Cool Jerk”.
4. Disco. Slightly funny in it’s over the top use of clichés.
**5. Luke Vibert remix, which reminds me of something between a sample artist, Tipsy and down tempo track.
6. Lounge with an almost danceable beat a few vocal samples.
**7. Dramatic, jazzy and almost sounds like an intro to a drum-n-bass song. Surf guitar? Oh and there it is, some drum-n-bass. Some scratching. A busy track.
8. Jazzy down tempo sound that’s borderline breakbeat. There is some rhyming and samples about visiting a snack bar looped over and over.
**9. A fake add for jazz with some play by play on what the band is playing. Funny. Cliché heaven.
10. Techno beat with horn samples.
11. Slow beat with slow rhyming and funny slowed down horns.
12. Some early electronics, horns, etc.
13. Downtempo with a sample of an old exercise record. Sounds like it’s almost a kids exercise record.
14. The outro game show theme song.
Good stuff. -mph
|2.||Curtain #1||9.||Come On Down|
|3.||Cool Jerk||10.||Conga Line|
|4.||Gaseous Clay||11.||The Over The Ear Look|