|Add Date:||2006-06-11||Pull Date:||2006-08-13||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Aug 13||Aug 6||Jul 30||Jul 23||Jul 16||Jul 9||Jul 2||Jun 18|
|1.||Apr 03, 2010:||Music Casserole
|4.||Aug 15, 2006:||New World Disorder
|2.||Oct 25, 2008:||New World Disorder
|5.||Aug 12, 2006:||cafe paradiso
Talk Yuh Talk
|3.||Dec 05, 2006:||Disorderly Favorites of 2006
Talk Yuh Talk
|6.||Aug 12, 2006:||ready, go!
Reviewed by Sadie O., 6/2/06
Rapso – complex and infectious soca beats with hip hop sensibility. The beats fucking KILL, and the 4 (later 3) male singers make great harmonies with socially conscious lyrics, as well as creating more syncopation with a sort of rap/chant. This is a GREAT fucking band – play til your ears bleed!
CD 1 is the party disk, although it’s often plenty militant, CD 2 is the experimental disk (although hardly the electronica sort of experimental!), CD 3 is actually a DVD of music videos, which I took!
Track 6 on CD 1 and track 9 on CD 2 are so good it’s insane.
1. 4:27**slightly uptempo driving soca with lots of percussion, hint of steel drums, great lyrics.
2. 4:37 ***somewhat uptempo with great bounce, mostly percussion and vocals.
3. 4:54 **a bit uptempo, full sound, all about mud. Whee! Mud!
4. 3:53 *computer voices at intro, a bit silly until the beat comes in – it’s a great beat.
5. 3:57 **electronic steel drums intro, complex vocal and drum syncopations. About Jouvay carnival.
6. 4:17****midtempo, militant riddim, great fucking song!
7. 4:52 ***uptempo carnival groove with Latin horns, fun lyrics.
8. 4:36 **handdrums and funky midtempo groove with lots of horns. About the joy of Trini Carnival.
9. 4:41 *midtempo carnival groove.
10. 4:29 **midtempo, militant vibes.
11. 4:10 *midtempo, a bit downbeat, cool booty-shaker.
12. 5:06 **a bit downtempo, dancey as hell, cowbell and vocal syncopation.
13. 4:30 **uptempo militant riddim, hot hot hot!
14. 4:22 **slightly uptempo strong riddim with meaty production.
15. 2:32 *midtempo, very much carnival sound with lots of random noises.
16. 3:33 ***long intro, midtempo militant riddim about revolution.
17. 4:23 **midtempo, lots of percussion. I think the music is telling you to dance. Just a guess…
18. 4:17 ***midtempo booty shaker, militant and a bit menacing and yet tons of fun.
1. 6:17 **midtempo, upliftical riddim. Some African influence.
2. 5:28 **downtempo, nice bounce, interesting vocals.
3. 6:28 **midtempo, big vocals, very electronic-sounding beat.
4. 1:42 *fun bit of filler, blockbuster movie vibes.
5. 4:18 **downtempo reggae riddim with a lot of bounce, religious lyrics but still tough.
6. 4:31 ***somewhat uptempo, celebratory vibes, dream of African warrior.
7. 3:46 **slinky midtempo wiggle, religious “read the Bible” lyrics.
8. 5:53 *sort of a smooth jazz groove, downtempo beat. Strange ending.
9. 5:18 ****great midtempo hip hop with killer riddim, great lyrics.
10. 5:02 acoutic guitar, pretty vocals, strings. Some religion, but nice message, terribly sweet.
11. 4:30 **downtempo reggae beat with steel drum, pretty vocals.
12. 5:27 sweet mellow midtempo hip hop with some female vocals.
13. 4:40 ***(bonus track - No Way No How) – minor FCC (bastards), strong midtempo bounce, militant vibes.
|3.||Mud Madness||18.||Run Com|
|4.||One In A Million||19.||Iere Vibes|
|5.||Down De Road||20.||Blue Blue|
|6.||Talk Yuh Talk||21.||For The People|
|7.||Mind Yuh Business||22.||Millennium Coming|
|8.||Irie Tempo||23.||Cut & Clear|
|11.||Welcome||26.||Over The Mountain|
|12.||Let The Session Begin||27.||I Believe|
|13.||Heat In The Place||28.||Open Wide|
|14.||Watch Dem||29.||Grave Situation|
|15.||Clear D Way||30.||Wonder|