|Votolato, Rocky / Makers|
|Label:||Second Nature Recordings|
|Add Date:||2006-09-24||Pull Date:||2006-11-26|
|Week Ending:||19 Nov||12 Nov||5 Nov||29 Oct||22 Oct||15 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct|
|1.||Fri, 03 Jun 11:||Trent Kay|
|4.||Thu, 16 Nov 06:||canuck|
I once was canadian
|2.||Tue, 22 Mar 11:||Matty K|
The Independent Mind
|5.||Wed, 15 Nov 06:||Rob|
I once was a 'hamster
|3.||Tue, 29 Jul 08:||canuck|
I once was Canadian
|6.||Thu, 09 Nov 06:||Rob|
Somewhat rough-voiced indie folksy singer-songwriter. Mostly guitar and vocals (often double tracked for harmonies) with some extra instruments here and there. Pretty standard stuff with a few good tracks. |
My picks: 1, 4, 5, 8, 12
1. medium tempo. simple upbeat guitar. vocals + harmonies
2. medium-slow. simple guitar and tambourine.
3. medium tempo. minor sounding with slide guitar.
4. med-slow. plucked strings and folky guitar.
5. med-fast fingerpicked guitar. accordion later on
6. med-slow. strummed guitar
7. medium tempo. strummed guitar.
8. med-fast with guitar, slide guitar, drums.
9. medium tempo strummed guitar; piano later in the song. Calls SF “Frisco”—big demerit. nice song otherwise.
10. med-fast. Guitar and harmonica and light percussion.
11. med-slow. dark drums and vocals. Dark all around. Fast-strummed guitar and harmonica later in the song.
12. medium. Upbeat strummed guitar. organ and slide guitar.
|1.||White Daisy Passing||7.||Streetlights|
|2.||Portland Is Leaving||8.||Tennessee Train Tracks|
|3.||The Night's Disguise||9.||Goldfield|
|4.||She Was Only In It For The Rain||10.||Tinfoil Hats|
|5.||Upper Aren't Necessary||11.||Where We Left Off|
|6.||Wait Out The Days||12.||Makers|