|Battleship / Presents Princess|
|Add Date:||2006-07-09||Pull Date:||2006-09-10|
|Week Ending:||3 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul||16 Jul|
|1.||Aug 23, 2008:||Orangeasm con Pachy Peluca |
A Pig Is A Pig
|4.||Jul 19, 2007:||At Your Local Dive |
|2.||Aug 02, 2008:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|5.||May 05, 2007:||Scatterbrain Radio |
You Could Feel
|3.||Mar 08, 2008:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|6.||Feb 06, 2007:||At Your Local Dive |
I Swing For You
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
East bay (Oakland) spaz/noise rockers known for their apocalyptic and beyond-chaotic live performances. Just put in the mixer some Jon Spencer Blues Explosion drum beats with Glen Branca-ish/Sonic Youth-ish guitar noise and plenty of annoying 90s emo-ish vocals, turn everything up to 11 and alternate between super fast and somewhat steady tempos and there you have it. Ok... throw a bit of minimalism and "experimental" attitude in there too. |
Play 1, 4, 5, 7
1. Indie rock-ish start and balls-out assaulting quirkiness.
2. Happy go-lucky strut with cheesy vocals and lyrics.
3. Minimalistic and noisy.
4. Frenetic, fast, punky, dark.
5. Glenn Branca-ish dissonant guitar crescendos and spastic noise. Repetitive vocals. Quiet break before the end. This is great!
6. This somehow makes me think of Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and G Love and the Special Sauce.
7. Fast drum rolls. Rhythmically intense. Disintegrates into a chaos of screams. Think Dante's Inferno.
|1.||A Pig Is A Pig||4.||I Swing For You|
|2.||You Could Feel||5.||Lucy Stone|