|Compass / Munchy The Bear|
|Album:||Munchy The Bear||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2006-10-15||Pull Date:||2006-12-17|
|Week Ending:||19 Nov||22 Oct|
|1.||Nov 16, 2006:||press and release |
Never Live Forever
|2.||Oct 16, 2006:||Municipal Waste |
A collection of songs recorded over 5 cities and with help of main man Dave Doom's various musician friends. These are sound collages with a wide assortment of instruments (saxophone to dulcimer), heavy on electronics, and samples of war PSAs, paranoia, and the like. There's plenty of humor (a little tepid though), and the cut-and-paste of genres seems pretty fresh on the first listen, but this is essentially a novelty item. Try # 1 and 4. FCC clean. |
*1. Explosion countdown, "Even Baby Jesus needed to learn to crawl", poppy coed vocals
2. Dulcimer heavy, a little too comical and almost insincere bluegrass rendition
3. Instrumental, melodies spliced into backbeat drums
*4. Hilarious chorus
5. Samples something called "Burt the Turtle" that sounds like a children's safety ditty
6. Distorted vocals but sounds like a dialogue
7. Collage of congo drums, violins, etc...
8. Doomsday effects, sample of something about high school kids and yogurt into airy voxs
9. Awful country number
10. Brief instrumental harp number
11. Clarinet and beats, samples of bomb warning
12. "What do we start with, the booze or the weed?"
13. Saxophone instrumental opener into strained vocals.
14. French girls marching smashed into foreign choral singers for almost videogame music effect
15. Crashing waves into pretty female vox and male bg vox and saxophone closer, long ends with 3 minutes of waves.