|Rabbinical School Dropouts / Vehicles Behind Comets|
|Album:||Vehicles Behind Comets||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Rabbinical School Dropouts||Added:||Jun 2006|
|Label:||Ethnic Warrior Productions|
|Add Date:||2006-07-30||Pull Date:||2006-10-01||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Sep 17||Aug 27||Aug 20||Aug 13||Aug 6|
|1.||Dec 08, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio COP TALK |
|4.||Oct 01, 2009:||It's Thursday! |
|2.||Feb 01, 2014:||Music Casserole |
Day Of The Lar
|5.||Jan 27, 2009:||that's not bluegrass |
|3.||Aug 17, 2013:||Music Casserole |
Anne Frank's Ghost
|6.||Sep 12, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Yeshiva School Fallout
Rabbinical School Dropouts – Vehicles Behind Comets |
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/21/06
Quirky understated klezmer mambo jazz. Mostly very relaxed vibe, interesting if not terrible danceable. Many numbers are rather short, all are instrumentals.
No FCCs – no words. I like 7 and 10 and most of all 12 best because I can relate to them; jazz/freeform buffs will find much to like elsewhere.
1. 3.35 tinkling piano, into klezmer mambo with horns and chaos. Kinda like Frank Zappa.
2. 1:50 *snaky mambo bass line with whistles and scratchy violin.
3. 3:28 **vibes and slinky groove, downbeat and exotic
4. 5:30 *dischordant piano and horns, fun alto sax – think Residents
5. 1:50 mellow keyboards and cello
6. 3:59 slow jazzmer solo horns keeping simple beat and odd tuneless tunes. Gets less structured in middle. Several seconds silence at end.
7. 3:19 ***windchimes, vibes and snaky percussion. Someone making blowing noises.
8. 2:42 *wind, birds, frantic banging klezmerish march with bit of crazed electric guitar.
9. 1:42 horns and big drums, kinetic.
10. 2:17 ***vibes and beatitude, bellydance/mambo beat comes in after 30 seconds, relaxed and very groovy.
11. 3:59 *downtempo rock ‘n’ roll beat, trap drums and horns. Fun, but it falls apart and goes kinda freeform avant guard-y.
12. 4:28 ****great bellydance/rock beat with cool sax.
13. 1:34 **theramin and bass. Gnarly!