|Future Pigeon / Echodelic Sounds Of Future, The|
|Album:||Echodelic Sounds Of Future, The||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2006-07-16||Pull Date:||2006-09-17||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||3 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul|
|1.||Mon, 25 Feb 19:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|4.||Thu, 15 Nov 12:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|2.||Sat, 15 Apr 17:||Lupi|
|5.||Mon, 06 Aug 12:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|3.||Mon, 26 Oct 15:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|6.||Wed, 08 Sep 10:||Sunshine|
Sunshine's Morning Glory (sittin' in for Bobbi's Public Noize Racket and SportsN
Future Pigeon – The Echodelic Sounds of Future |
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/8/06
Very deep psychedelic dub reggae, with a full band but a LOT of electronics and effects as well. All very well produced and tasty noises. Clearly a white boy band, especially the vocals, although there are some nice guest appearances by Real Live Jamaicans.
FCCs on track 4. I like 2 and 10 best, but most tracks are great.
1. 3:42 ***starts with random electronic noises, then downtempo roots rock dub with lots of interesting sounds.
2. 4:08 ****horror movie intro, midtempo skank, funny lyrics – smoking in the tomb with the mummy. Can’t place that riff…
3. 3:20 **uptempo and slightly funky, great noises – lyrics basically consist of the song title. great horns and percussion.
4. 5:00 FCC: “Fuck” x 2. boopy midtempo bubbledub.
5. 6:51 ***bluesy guitar intro, bouncy slightly uptempo skank, builds in noise and energy as we smoke… lunatic toast from Ranking Joe. Long ending.
6. 3:34 **midtempo dub with lots of noises, effects, random bits of vocals. Lots of experimental/electronica
7. 2:33 **happy uptempo skank with keyboard and pedal steel.
8. 2:36 ***dub of track 7 with Mikey Dread; play together, but this is the best bit.
9. 3:49 ***starts with phone and goofy conversation, then really fun midtempo skank, not much of a song but a really great sound.
10. 5:16 ****very high toast from Ras Congo, slightly downtempo dub skank, root of all evil lyrics. A bit of metal guitar. Noisy as hell!
11. 4:45 **mellow midtempo with a bit of Latin synchopation, nice for relaxing on the beach with a drink with a paper umbrella in it. Long ending with waves breaking.
|1.||Gift Tax||6.||Atom Smasher Dub|
|2.||The Mummy||7.||Wicked Man|
|3.||Evil (Eatin' At My Soul)||8.||Wicked Version (Feat. Mikey Dread)|
|4.||Yuppy Conqueror||9.||Cybernetic Killer|
|5.||High Rolling (Feat. Ranking Joe)||10.||Money Money (Feat. Ras Congo)|