|Various Artists / Palace Lounge Presents Cafe D'afrique|
|Album:||Palace Lounge Presents Cafe D'afrique||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2006-09-03||Pull Date:||2006-11-05||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||22 Oct||15 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct||24 Sep||17 Sep||10 Sep|
|1.||Feb 07, 2022:||Good Day Sunshine (with Rick Stevens of T.O.P.) (rebroadcast from Jul 9, 2013) |
|4.||Jul 09, 2013:||Good Day Sunshine (with Rick Stevens of T.O.P.) |
|2.||Mar 13, 2017:||Happy Hour |
How Do You?
|5.||Mar 14, 2013:||Happy Hour |
|3.||Jan 22, 2014:||Pumping Iron |
|6.||Jan 21, 2013:||Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC) |
How Do You?
Chill out/Lounge. I was so excited to see this album. After all the raw energy and razor sharp, angry lyrics that we saw on the Mzansi music series and soundtracks like Tsotsi, I couldn’t wait to hear a compilation from South Africa. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. The production work is smooth, the musicianship professional, and there is nothing here to distinguish this from a Café Del Mar compilation number 2703. In a word, boring.|
Tracks (1),(2) and (3) standout.
**(1) An exuberant, afrocuban, brass-fest with male spoken vocals.
**(2) Funkified African vocals with a house beat.
**(3) Chillout, downtempo. Female vocals.
(4) Downtempo. Female vocals.
(5) Downtempo. Tori Amos like ballad.
(6) Downtempo. Strumming, female vocals.
(7) Downtempo. Horns, instrumental.
(8) Downtempo. Female vocals.
*(9) Downtempo. Instrumental.
(10) Downtempo. Female vocals.
(11) Downtempo. Instrumental, some N. African influence.
(12) Downtempo. Instrumental.
(13) Downtempo. Female vocals.
(14) Downtempo. Female vocals.
(15) A little more uptempo, jazzy.