|Rose, Michael / Babylon A Fight|
|Album:||Babylon A Fight||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Rose, Michael||Added:||Aug 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-09-10||Pull Date:||2006-11-12||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 29||Oct 22||Oct 15||Oct 8||Oct 1||Sep 24|
|1.||Jun 01, 2019:||Finding YOur Way |
|4.||Jun 30, 2011:||Happy Hour |
|2.||Jul 31, 2017:||Happy Hour |
|5.||Apr 23, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Mar 14, 2013:||Happy Hour |
|6.||Oct 28, 2010:||Happy Hour |
Rose, Michael – Babylon a Fight (Cousins)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/30/06
Roots rock reggae by redoubtable vocalist Michael Rose. Good solid stuff; music is basic and backing vocals are restrained – everything there to showcase Rose’s inimitable vocals.
No FCCs – really quite a tasteful record in many ways. All tracks are good, 4, 5, and 10 probably best.
1. 2:28 **midtempo roots rock reggae, simple music, gorgeous vocals. Ends a bit abruptly.
2. 3:36 **midtempo, about wicked men. Some syndrum, etc.
3. 3:16 **a bit downtempo bubble, tasteful female chorus, rather a lament about modern life.
4. 3:42 ***rootsy Nyahbinghi vibe, handdrums, a bit dubby.
5. 3:49 ***classic roots rock bubble – sounds like golden age stuff. Great harmonies.
6. 2:50 **subdued mood, midtempo
7. 2:22 *rather hoarse vocals, subdued music
8. 3:21 **similar to track 3, another lament (can’t argue, alas!)
9. 2:37 **almost Rock Steady, fun groove, about pot
10. 3:46 ***roots rock with horns, full sound, upfull lyrics but simple delivery.
11. 2:25 **classic roots dub riddim, love song. The only cut where the music is actually more interesting than the singing…
|1.||Sweet Sensimenia||6.||Picture On The Wall|
|2.||No Heart||7.||Back A Yard|
|3.||Babylon A Fight||8.||Everyday A Gun|
|4.||Pray||9.||Smoke De Herb|
|5.||A Who||10.||Trample The Dragon|