|Various Artists / X-Rated: The Dark Files|
|Album:||X-Rated: The Dark Files||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2006-10-22||Pull Date:||2006-12-24||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||24 Dec||3 Dec||26 Nov||19 Nov||12 Nov||5 Nov||29 Oct|
|1.||May 04, 2018:||The Offbeat Generation |
|4.||Aug 01, 2009:||lost and found |
I Don't Need That Deviant Sex
|2.||Jul 11, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|5.||Dec 18, 2006:||beat.net chapter 56.0: it's no longer a secret to anybody |
|3.||Jun 19, 2010:||Bloodstains Across Atherton-Vegan Meat Thread |
|6.||Nov 30, 2006:||beat.net chapter 54.0: trip over beat.net [sub] |
Mouldering The Forlorn I
V/A X-RATED: The DARK Files CD (Streamin’ Soundworks)|
A collection of dark ambient electronics and industrial music, some with goth leanings. This is a dedication CD to JHONN BALANCE of COIL who passed away not too long ago.
1. Patient ambient “tribal” sounding track with processed female vocals.
**2. Electronic piano sounds mixed with electronics. No beats.
**3. A COIL track from a limited CDR. Very ambient electronic drone with a spoken word story/poem. Reminds me a little of CURRENT 93.
**4. A great tribute to the man and band, late 80s/early 90s sounding electronics with vocals samples about “deviant sex”. Could almost fit on the “Horse Rotorvator” release.
**5. NURSE WITH WOUND contribute something more akin to noise but still quiet and patient with static sounds and electronics. The 2nd half the track has some slowed down vocals. Has a horror movie feel.
6. Lush keyboards and harsher beats. Later organ type sounds with less harsh beats.
**7. Quiet minimal sounds to begin. Vague monk-like vocals and an extremely dark industrial sound. By the end of the track it sounds like we are inside a factory.
8. Very quiet for the first minute and a half. Eventually a lush electronic sound is mixed with some scary mostly indecipherable vocals.
9. Old electronic sounds from the mid 80s mixed with vocals mostly saying a word or two at a time.
10. The other main member of COIL and JHONN’S partner doing a more upbeat sounding electronic track. No beats and lots of disembodied vocals.
11. Buzzing ambience with something that sounds like a guitar.
Very good tribute -mph