|Tone / Solidarity|
|Add Date:||2006-09-24||Pull Date:||2006-11-26|
|Week Ending:||26 Nov||12 Nov||5 Nov||22 Oct||15 Oct||1 Oct|
|1.||Nov 21, 2006:||Goodnight, Moon |
|4.||Oct 17, 2006:||Mood Swings |
|2.||Nov 07, 2006:||Mood Swings |
|5.||Oct 11, 2006:||Gaia |
|3.||Nov 03, 2006:||Oh Man. |
|6.||Oct 10, 2006:||Mood Swings |
TONE – “Solidarity” CD (Neurot)|
Beautiful, guitar centric, instrumental rock. The band has five guitar players and eight people altogether. Like GLEN BRANCA the band uses repetition and guitar overtones to create beautiful sounds. This is post rock and really not far from RED SPAROWES or newer ISIS. They’ve been around for 15 years and have a few releases on Dischord.
**1. Nice jangle on guitar at the beginning that slowly builds. Fairly simple guitar riffs repeated. A little bit sappy somehow.
2. Sad but hopeful, quiet guitar and bass at the beginning of the track. The track goes through a lot of changes including some sort of bells on percussion and some nice bombastic drums.
3. Arpeggiated guitar which pick up after 4 minutes into a slightly MY BLOODY VALENTINE sound.
4. The only track under 6 minutes and it starts with just drums. Odd slightly Middle Eastern sounds on guitar.
**5. Quiet solo guitar to begin. A very patient track which takes it’s time building up and doesn’t really rock until the last minute.
6. Something that sounds more like a riff and a nice buildup. More of the slight Middle Eastern sounds.
7. Slight PINK FLOYD for the first 5 minutes. Kicks into a nice groove for the last 2 minutes but never gets very loud.
OK Stuff. -mph
|1.||Confidence And Progress||4.||Sketch|