|Suffocation / Suffocation|
|Add Date:||2006-10-22||Pull Date:||2006-12-24||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||26 Nov||5 Nov||29 Oct|
|1.||Nov 25, 2006:||Bloodstains Across Atherton |
|3.||Nov 02, 2006:||Cognitive Overload |
|2.||Nov 23, 2006:||Cognitive Overload |
|4.||Oct 25, 2006:||Baptism of Solitude |
SUFFOCATION – “Suffocation” CD (Relapse) |
Death metal. They started back in the early 90s and set the standard for early 90s death metal. They don’t stray from the formula and a lot of the tracks sound the same. Gruff vocals you can understand sometimes, fast drumming and death metal guitar riffs. Think MORBID ANGEL or a less techie CRYPTOSPY.
**2. Very contemporary sounding death metal with some thrashy guitar parts and a guitar solo. Mid paced.
3. Clean guitar intro into discordant guitar pummeling.
4. An odd pace where the drums don’t feel that comfortable but the guitar riff is nice and metal.
5. Lots of different speeds, in particular some nice slow heavy moments.
6. Vocals are a bit strange in that he’s having a dialog yet it’s still gruff monotone screaming.
**7. Fast with drums, vocals and guitar all playing at different speeds. Guitar solo and breakdown.
**8. Fast right away with almost funny big growls.
9. The main simple riff repeats too often. Is he really, in his gruff metal voice, in a death metal song, singing “You are so fucking beautiful”??
10. Slow section where he tries to sing really low. 11. Same as all the rest.
OK stuff -mph
|1.||Oblivion||6.||Translucent Patters Of Delirium|
|2.||Abomination Reborn||7.||Creed Of The Infidel|
|4.||Bind Torture Kill||9.||Entrails Of You|
|5.||Misconcieved||10.||The End Of Ends|
|11.||Prelude To Repulsion|