|Psapp / Only Thing I Ever Wanted, The|
|Album:||Only Thing I Ever Wanted, The||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Label:||Domino Recording Company|
|Add Date:||2006-09-24||Pull Date:||2006-11-26|
|Week Ending:||Nov 26||Oct 29||Oct 22||Oct 15||Oct 8||Oct 1|
|1.||Jan 24, 2008:||Trip Over Zero |
|4.||Oct 26, 2006:||Trip Over Zero |
|2.||Nov 21, 2006:||Goodnight, Moon |
Upstairs, King of You
|5.||Oct 24, 2006:||Mood Swings |
Hill Of Our Home
|3.||Oct 27, 2006:||The Late Plate |
|6.||Oct 20, 2006:||The Late Plate |
Electro acoustic, female-voiced sample pop. Obviously sample-based digital work, but done mostly with samples of real instruments and real everyday sounds. A variety of hard to discribe sounds in these songs. A lot of what sounds like a mbira or a kalimba, though. Comparable to Matmos or the Notwist, but poppier than either of those. |
My picks: 3, 5, 6, 7, 11
1. med-fast. a slight feeling of a latin song, maybe.
2. medium tempo. high pitched, glitchy percussion.
3. medium tempo. glitchy beginning. Nice string parts mid-song.
4. med-fast. heavier percussion.
5. clock sound in the percussion. Clarinet (or an airy organ sound) makes up the musical base. Nice vocal melody on top of it.
6. medium tempo. simple I-IV chord progression. Nice lilting vocal melody.
7. med-slow. soft piano and brushed drums. Plucked strings.
8. fast. cups rattling (?) in the beat. repetitive.
9. med-slow. no percussion. Piano and voice. Nice sweet song.
10. medium tempo. built on simple guitar part and percussion.
11. sounds of someone walking into the room. Noisy shuffling sounds percussion and harp-like sound. Just voice over that until some French horn later.
|2.||King Of You||7.||Hill Of Our Home|
|3.||This Way||8.||The Words|
|4.||Needle And Thread||9.||Make Up|
|5.||New Rubbers||10.||Eating Spiders|