Acoustic folk rock. Comparable to Nick Drake or Colin Hay’s solo stuff. Usually the songs start sort of sparse and soft with acoustic guitar and then build up with instruments like drums, strings, more guitars, piano.
My picks: 1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 11
1. Very nick drake. Interesting finger picked guitar with cello and nice vocals on top.
2. dark song, with strummed guitar. percussion in the background and then coming into the mix. Piano later.
3. one-note rhythmic guitar. percussion and random sounds. sort of droney and hypnotic
4. another one that starts with one-note rhythmic song. lighter and more melodic than the last. Other guitars, piano and strings later.
5. bluesy slide guitar and hand percussion.
6. slow guitar. vocals and a subtle droney in the background. Drums and piano come in and it becomes more upbeat and then alternates soft and fuller
7. medium-tempo. finger picked guitar and drums.
8. continues from 7. droney background with simple guitar. picks up when drums enter. Gets a bit repetitive/ hypnotic.
9. noisy beginning. Dark guitar and depressed vocals. Drums, strings, and piano later.
10. light guitar and field-recorded vocals. Sort of a post rocky number with echoey guitars and build-up drums
11. medium tempo groove-along. Drums/ claps and strummed guitar. nice chorus