|Hoven Droven / Jumping At The Cedar|
|Album:||Jumping At The Cedar||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Hoven Droven||Added:||Oct 2006|
|Add Date:||2007-02-11||Pull Date:||2007-04-15||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 4||Feb 18|
|1.||Jul 28, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Feb 27, 2007:||Storytime! -- the Past Part II |
|2.||Mar 20, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Feb 15, 2007:||public noize racket |
|3.||Mar 13, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Feb 13, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Live 2-CD recording from the Swedish folk/rock quintet. Combine folk fiddle and electric guitar, sax, drums, add lots of energy, a quirky sense of humor and great musicianship and you’ll get this. It’s rockin, cocky, crazy good. Watch for applause & crowd noise. Also note that because of their accents, every time they say “folk” it sounds like “fuck”. It never is – all FCC friendly. All instrumentals. Many tracks end early so watch out. Folk off!|
*1. Upbeat, driving with some wicked-good playing. Esp sax.
*2. Crazy-fast toe-tapping rock/folk.
3. Fluid & jazzy mid/uptempo folk piece.
4. Staggering rock polska. Driving, midtempo, big.
*5. Upbeat, fun almost Nordic-ska hurdy-gurdy rock track.
6. Cool mid/upbeat polska w/solid guitar solo.
*7. Fast, fast. Slows down, gets going again & becomes a frenzy.
8. Slow & stately at first. Then a warm, relaxed folk/rock sway.
9. Midtempo head-nodder with a sophisticated folk/rock sound.
*10. Drivin w/lots of clapping & crowd noise. Upbeat, way cool.
1. Sweet, lyrical folk polska. With a hint of sadness & jazz. Pretty.
*2. Starts mid, picks up, false stop at 2:15 then a sing along. Fun!
*3. A driving folk dance. Starts mid, picks up. Gets rockin. Yow!
4. Fast toe-tapper that turns into a rock anthem. Band gets introduced, then things calm down & pick up again. 1 min of applause at end.
5. Mid/upbeat w/screaming guitar.
*6. Bright, toe-tapping & folksy. With cool sax bits adding brass.
7. Tripping melody, midtempo w/a cool energy. Great sax.
8. Sweet, old-fashioned folk sound at first, sax makes it cool.
|3.||Petruchka Å Je||12.||Dortea|