|Tall Firs / Tall Firs|
|Add Date:||2007-02-25||Pull Date:||2007-04-29|
|Week Ending:||15 Apr||11 Mar||4 Mar|
|1.||Apr 09, 2007:||Something about music |
Ust Our Friends
|4.||Mar 01, 2007:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon (Full Moon) |
|2.||Mar 08, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
|5.||Feb 28, 2007:||JaEran Mukamel (ambivalent hardcore) |
|3.||Mar 03, 2007:||Biff Bang Pow |
|6.||Feb 26, 2007:||Municipal Waste & KZSU2-Tech |
Road To Ruin
Underground, Electronic Folk, ballads mostly with acoustic guitar. Sounds like early Beck (Sea Change, but not as good and/nor as eclectic in timbre). All songs have vocals and sound about the same. Faves (4,5,8) Lyrics are centered around world peace and tree kissing. Tall Firs were formed in 1990 when teenagers Dave Mies and Aaron Mullan taught one another to play guitar over the telephone in Annapolis, Maryland. Eleven years later they played their first gig, having crawled to Brooklyn, NY in the interim. Current band members are: Dave Mies, Aaron Mullan, Ryan Sawyer. No FCCs Reviewed by Paul Holowko|
No FCCs Reviewed by Paul Holowko
1. Acoustic guitar riff with soft-spoken voice singing. Bouncing bass and acoustic guitar. Sudden end.
5. ** Nice soft start. Air male voice counter balancing acoustic guitar.
6. ** Nice under moving riff with intermingling keyboard rhythms.
7. Starts with a ringing guitar strumming in unison with the vocals. Song is soft and peaceful.
8. ** Long instrumental intro. Sounds like something that belongs on the O.C. during some soul search sequence.
|1.||More To Come||6.||The Breeze|
|2.||Don't Complain||7.||Road To Ruin|
|3.||Go Whiskey||8.||Soilder On|
|5.||Ust Our Friends||10.||The Woods|
|11.||Don't Prey On Me|