|Various Artists / Drum Machine Gun|
|Album:||Drum Machine Gun||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2007-01-14||Pull Date:||2007-03-18||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||18 Feb||11 Feb||4 Feb||28 Jan||21 Jan|
|1.||Jan 22, 2010:||The Courtesy Flush |
|4.||May 21, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
|2.||Nov 23, 2008:||What? |
|5.||May 12, 2008:||Emphysema For Emphasis |
|3.||Jun 04, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
|6.||Apr 16, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
Grindcore toward fast techno – all tracks use drum machine (often insanely fast). Crunchy, fast, brutal, decimating. Some almost funny grind/prog/synth tracks. Diverse but very cohesive comp. Noism and Jet Jaguar Kr3 Kill Spree have so many hyperspeed changes that I just want to put them on repeat. Again again again. Many tracks are less than one minute, noted below, but you could play many together. FCC 32 and 49. Track descrips by band below:|
2-9. 50 seconds or less, by Data Clast. Growling with almost nintendo-sounding guitars/synths, brutal drums.
*11, 12. “Like multiple Agoraphobic Nosebleed cds playing at the same time” as AQ said... crazy dense five zillion changes.
14. Not-so-special drum/prog onslaught.
*16-21. Crazy. Demonic. Growling, high pitched squealing, electronic schizophrenic wankery, most interesting drums on this comp I think. Weird completely techno breakdowns. Most diverse tracks here, and only one is over a minute long!! Fuck.
24. Industrial/heavy/hyper-speed blasting.
25. Agoraphobic Nosebleed. Samples, loops, drum machine, effects. Very techno.
26. Scary gabber with TV samples and a random bad rock sample at :52 left.
28. Starts metal, then sort of world-sounding, then techno, then metal switching back and forth with techno, hiphop, and prog. Nice mix, albeit confusing.
30-*34. <=30 seconds. Grind, samples, demon growl. FCC shit 32.
35. Sorta trippy industrial with a circus-y melody, active ending :)
36-39. Like a grind version of Horse the Band.
40. Rhythmic alien orgy. wtf. 41 similar but starts straight-forward metal.
42, *43. Fuzzy almost upbeat tracks. Well, except for the horror monster vocals on 43.
*44, 45. Sludge, a lochness boogieman, into faster and faster drums and guit.
47. Distorted growl vocals over drum machine and metal guitar.
49. Drum machine’d cowbell?? Chipmunk, growl, grind, noodling. Lots of FCC fucks after 1:00 left.
51, 52. Samples and death grind.
54-64. All 16 seconds or less – Ocrilim (Octus), which is Mick Barr on guitar. Crazy guitar wankery with blastbeats.
66. Techno/industrial track by Cocoon. Dark.
67. Slow/doomy and kinda spacey.
- All other tracks are by The Artificial Intelligence Agency and are comparatively one-idea’ed and mega short, often just lead-ins to other tracks. 23 says “Naked girl, covered in napalm.” 29 is light rock. 26 is a computer telling a story about sex.