|Aynur / Keçe Kurdan|
|Add Date:||2006-11-05||Pull Date:||2007-01-07||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||7 Jan||24 Dec||17 Dec||10 Dec||3 Dec||26 Nov||19 Nov||12 Nov|
|1.||Dec 05, 2015:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
Bexo / Uyan
|4.||Apr 10, 2010:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Jan 16, 2013:||Mediterraneans |
|5.||Oct 25, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Dec 31, 2010:||Spherical Sounds |
|6.||Sep 07, 2008:||The Zikr |
Aynur – Kece Kurdan (Kalan)|
Reviewed by Sadie O, 10/23/06
Amazing combination of Turkish/Arabesque traditional sounds and almost experimental soundscapes, tied together with unbelievable female vocal gymnastics and big, fat hand drums. Really unique and creative stuff – this is an artist to be reckoned with, folks.
All in Turkish, no recognizable FCCs. All incredible. I probably gave two stars too few to everything, but I’m sorta stunned…
1. ***powerful vocals and big drums, but not a steady beat throughout. Unusual mixture, lots of echo on the vocals. This girl is NOT playing around. A more danceable groove (and drone) comes in halfway through. Interesting stuff!
2. **Arabesque stringed instrument, drums and flutes, horns. Very strong and assured vibe.
3. *far-off vocals, languid groove that turns into upbeat midtempo Arabesque bounce.
4. **drone and far-off vocals, whispers – then very slow and dramatic drums. Cinematic, possibly menacing. Cool!
5. **solo vocals, then full Arabesque band, bit of hispano-moorish feel as well. Surprise bit of jazzy violins – anything could happen!
6. *slow almost march intro, then solo dramatic vocals, then slow, very traditional sounding strings and horns.
7. ***swingy hand drums, slow, slinky groove. Cool female vocals from Aynur and the chorus.
8. **lots of changes, then a sort of Eastern-European folky groove, but with Arabesque and jazzy bits.
9. *almost classical-sounding strings, then Arabesque instrument, then mellow woodwind… This one’s a bit perplexing, I can’t tie it down anywhere…
10. **rather martial drums, a bit of an air of foreboding… No, kind of a lot of foreboding. Run, everyone! The Turks are coming! Lots of electronica in last couple of minutes.
11. *solo vocals and effects, lots of echo and electronics.