|Thee Emergency / Can You Dig It?|
|Album:||Can You Dig It?||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2006-10-22||Pull Date:||2006-12-24|
|Week Ending:||3 Dec||26 Nov||12 Nov||29 Oct|
|1.||Sep 07, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
Get It Up
|4.||Nov 11, 2006:||Biff Bang Pow |
Get It Up
|2.||Dec 02, 2006:||New World Bloodstains |
Girl You Should've Known, Get It Up, Revolution #1
|5.||Nov 09, 2006:||press and release |
|3.||Nov 21, 2006:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Oct 28, 2006:||Biff Bang Pow |
Girl You Should've Known
Thee Emergency – Can You Dig It? (Blue Disguise)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/16/06
High energy louder faster shorter Nuggets-style garage rock, straight up chick vocalist. Nice honest punk stuff – what a breath of fresh air! Crank this sucker and flail around the studio for a while – don’t that feel good? I believe ANYTHING this woman says.
Only FCC I heard is on track 4. My fave is track 7.
1. 2:48 ***watch out for that first chord! Wheee! Song runs rampage upside your head (in a good way.)
2. 4:24 ***feedback intro, hyperspeed barrage. 3 chords is all you need, baby.
3. 2:48 ***just as loud and fast, particularly nice vocals (and lyrics – ha!) on this one. Nice guitar solo and farfisa, too…
4. 4:37 ***FCC at 1:08 “don’t give a shet”. almost like uptempo Southern rock or Joan Jett or Pretenders. Cute bass solo.
5. 4:51 ***slow, lop-assed blues-rock with totally insane whammy-bar. The sort of vocals only a woman done wrong can holler. Don’t listen to this with headphones on – your neurons will fuse.
6. 5:59 ***midtempo, kinda like 70’s Stones only sloppier. A bit anthemic in places.
7. 3:38 ****attack of the monster surf guitar, hyperspeed, punk like it’s supposed to be. Whew, that was cathartic!
8. 4:19 ***uptempo headbanger.
9. 4:49 ***furious strumming almost sounds like the Who…
10. 8:41 ***slow sanctified piano intro, blues lament with horn and harmonica. Ends and is reborn, midtempo and anthemic. Actuallly ends at 5:30 (3:10 from end) Starts up again at 2:38 from end with more piano and harmonica, downtempo southern country blues.
|1.||Girl You Should've Known||6.||Sugar|
|2.||Holdin' On||7.||Revolution #1|
|3.||Get It Up||8.||Total Energy|
|4.||Can You Dig It?||9.||Sweat Sex|