|Mastodon / Blood Mountain|
|Add Date:||2007-04-01||Pull Date:||2007-06-03||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Jun 3||May 27||May 13||Apr 22||Apr 15||Apr 8|
|1.||Sep 22, 2010:||public noize racket |
|4.||Aug 11, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|2.||Dec 02, 2009:||public noize racket |
|5.||Jun 02, 2007:||Bloodstains Across Atherton - Super Sized Extended Version |
The Wolf Is Loose
|3.||Mar 15, 2009:||The Sonic Bubble |
Colony Of Birchmen
|6.||May 24, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
MASTODON – “Blood Mountain” CD (Reprise/Relapse)|
Metal. Straight forward metal with few influences from other genres. No punk, no hardcore, no pop, no black metal, straight forward metal. Absolutely amazing riffs, some crazy drumming, vocals you can understand, and catchy. Second only to LAMB OF GOD as one of the more popular metal bands going these days.
**1. Thrashy and pummeling and fairly fast. I also find it interesting since their last album was a concept record based on Moby Dick that they mention the “Belly of the Whale” within the first minute or so.
2. 2nd song in a row to begin with just drums. Then a great set of guitar riffs and guitar/drum interaction. Lots of headbanging moments. Additional vocals by SCOTT KELLY (NEUROSIS)
3. A slower, not as heavy trippy track. Poppy and somewhat 80s sounding.
**4. Yet another nice guitar riff. They speed up about a minute in with a similar riff and it seems to keep getting faster and more complicated and at one point they even seem to be showing off.
5. More discordant. Strange robot effects on the vocals for a short period.
**6. Clean guitar arpeggio to begin, then slow pummeling, then spastic, fast, with crazy sounds that sound like vocal, all into a great metal riff. They repeat each section again. Instrumental. Fades out with looped lofi sounds.
**7. Midpaced and simpler. Catchy and reminds me a little of QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE with rhythmic guitar playing and vocal melodies up front. Nice jam for the guitar solo. Ends with 20 or so seconds of quiet noise. Guest vocals by JOSHUA HOMME (QOTSA, KYUSS)
8. Slowly building, keyboard sounds then a pummeling riff. The track slows down and fades out.
9. Straight forward, midpaced, and heavy. Twin guitar lead at one point.
10. Mellow riff at the beginning. Not very heavy with hard rock leanings. Gets heavier in the second half.
11. Another mellower track. Second half of the track sounds a little like TOOL. Guest vocals by CEDRIC BIXLER-ZAVALA (AT THE DRIVE IN, THE MARS VOLTA)
12. Trippy, sad, drunk and a slight ballad sound. Track ends with about 17:15 left on the track.
|1.||The Wolf Is Loose||7.||Colony Of Birchmen|
|2.||Crystal Skull||8.||Hunters Of The Sky|
|3.||Sleeping Giant||9.||Hand Of Stone|
|4.||Capillarian Crest||10.||This Mortal Soil|
|5.||Circle Of Cysquatch||11.||Siberian Divide|