Grouper: Way Their Crept
Atmospheric choral/electronic pieces by Liz Harris. Ambient, organic, reverb-drenched droning. The human vocal timbre gives the walls of white noise/drone a haunting affect. Layers of distorted tones. “Rhythm” often provided by the pulse of the delay distortion. Tracks blend into one another. Experimental/arty. Either incredibly beautiful or painfully boring, depending on your mood. No discernible words, hence no FCCs. Play #4, 9, 1, 8
1) 2:33 – mysterious, sedate.
2) 3:55 – shimmering, droning, haunting. Synthesizer tones.
3) 3:58 – starts with echoing, electronic bass tones. Then dreamy wash of vocals.
4) 4:30 –more melodic action. Distorted. Beautiful. Almost like whale songs.
5) 5:03 –feminine vocals. pulsing echo.
6) 2:47 –choral vocals.
7) 8:44 –starts w/slow buzzing. Various layers swell and die down. Slow.
8) 4:18 –more organic sounding; layers of female vocals. Rhythmic white noise pulse.
9) 4:44 –curious vocal harmony begin piece. Closest to melodic singing.