|De Dionyso, Arrington / Breath Of Fire|
|Album:||Breath Of Fire||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||De Dionyso, Arrington||Added:||11/2006|
|Add Date:||2007-01-21||Pull Date:||2007-03-25|
|Week Ending:||18 Mar||11 Mar||18 Feb||11 Feb||4 Feb||28 Jan|
|1.||Sat, 14 Jun 08:||Edwin and Edwin|
Lost and Found
|4.||Sat, 14 Jul 07:||mufaor|
|2.||Wed, 19 Sep 07:||mufaor|
Day of Difficulty
|5.||Sun, 03 Jun 07:||Milkie|
public noize racket
|3.||Sat, 18 Aug 07:||mufaor|
|6.||Sat, 17 Mar 07:||mufaor|
Wow. Throat singing, sort of Tuvan but wacked out, jaw harp, and bass clarinet from the frontman for Old Time Relijun. I listened with my jaw dropped. Like Cecil Taylor on acid. Some tracks like Maja Ratkje. Lots of multiphonics, free and wild. I was alternately completely frozen, scared, crying, and laughing while listening. Possibly my favorite release of 2006. Also it somehow scares the crap out of me (possibly because it’s how I would communicate all the time if I could???). no overdubbing or electronics. amazing.|
*1. Warped throat singing. Multiphonics.
2. More throat singing... Maybe through the bass clarinet? – sounds like it when you hear him take a breath.
*3. Skittering and shaking bass clarinet.
4. 15 seconds of growl on the bass clarinet + some tapping.
5. Sick throat singing in a tin can?? 23 seconds.
*6. Title is “Bird Shadow”. Twittering bass clarinet.
**7. It’s a dinosaur – watch out! No wait, it’s mufaor’s getting-out-of-bed sounds. No wait, it’s a guy singing, weazing, and generally making the listener very happy. Haunting last 1:00 – vocalized shivering sounds?
**8. Scary grumbling and wumbling. Sort of throat-singing. Sounds painful.
**9. Maja Ratkje-like. Lots of silly sounds and throat singing. I laughed out loud the most during this track.
10. Skronky bass clarinet, one motif repeated for 50 seconds.
11. Throat singing, sounds very electronic – almost, um, like a lawnmower.
12. Active jaw harp, bouncy and very language-like.
13. Jaw harp and... breath sounds??
14-18. Singing and jaw harp:
14, 15. Slow compared to the other tracks, less zany. resonant.
**16. Beautifully silly, love the vocals.
17. Bouncing jaw harp. Bluegrass-y. Great recording quality.
18. Rhythmic jaw harp. Dance-along.
*19. Slow-moving. Pretty amazing that this is not electronic effects... Weird spatial effects, i.e. sounds like a motor being very close or zooming farther away. Mesmerizing.
20. Slow, bluesy bass clarinet. Some skronk.
**21. Crazy. All voice and newspaper, I think. Constipation, cackles, donkey sounds... This track should be famous for having 90 seconds of vocalized raspberries!! Oh please can we make it a kzsu tradition to harmonize in raspberries for one minute at the start of staff meetings???