|Long Winters, The / Putting The Days To Bed|
|Album:||Putting The Days To Bed||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Artist:||Long Winters, The||Added:||11/2006|
|Add Date:||2006-11-19||Pull Date:||2007-01-21|
|Week Ending:||21 Jan||14 Jan||7 Jan||31 Dec||17 Dec||3 Dec||26 Nov|
|1.||Oct 16, 2009:||Mittens & Scarves |
Fire Island, Ak
|4.||Jan 15, 2008:||I once was canadian |
|2.||Aug 30, 2009:||Transmission Overload |
|5.||May 25, 2007:||Something about music |
|3.||Apr 01, 2008:||I once was Canadian |
Fire Island, Ak, Pushover
|6.||Apr 30, 2007:||Something about music |
Seattle-based indie pop group with literary lyrics. This band makes no attempts to shy away from making accessible music, bu the lyrics have a certain amount of depth you wouldn’t find (much) on commercial radio. Comparable to a number of straight-forward indie pop rockers like Death Cab (Chris Walla from DCFC has produced and is often associated with this band). |
-Adrian FCC: clean
My picks: 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 11 (absolute favorites 2, 11)
1. med-fast up-tempo. Somewhat jaunty rhythm.
2. med-fast up-tempo. great song with strong drums and guitar. great sing-a-long chorus.
3. voice and brass at the beginning. Goes into a mid-tempo rocker with horns along with the standard rock instruments
4. laid back mid-tempo number with slightly more energetic choruses
5. medium tempo. dark sounding verses with crunchy drums; a bright and sunny chorus.
6. med-slow. constant acoustic guitar. glockenspiel, drums, electric piano, bass, banjo, slide guitar, and brass in a wall of sound.
7. starts with an upbeat mid-tempo folksy acoustic guitar part. nice nylon-string guitar and banjo parts. drums come in later.
8. fast rocker. guitar and drums for a bit before the full band comes in. nice melodic lead guitar part.
9. More rocking of the same song off of the Ultimatum EP. Mid-tempo rocker with guitars, keyboards, drums.
10. riff-heavy rocker, alternating between a drawn back and a full sound.
11. medium tempo laidback acoustic guitar song. great chorus (even though I don’t know what it means)
|2.||Fire Island, Ak||7.||Clouds|
|5.||Sky Is Open||10.||(It's A) Departure|