|Jurado, Damien / And Now That I'm In Your Shadow|
|Album:||And Now That I'm In Your Shadow||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Artist:||Jurado, Damien||Added:||Nov 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-11-19||Pull Date:||2007-01-21|
|Week Ending:||Jan 21||Jan 14||Jan 7||Dec 17||Dec 3||Nov 26|
|1.||Apr 27, 2011:||Brownian Motion (sub) |
I Had No Intentions
|4.||Jan 12, 2007:||Closing Time |
|2.||Mar 04, 2008:||I once was Canadian (the 3/4 Special) |
|5.||Jan 10, 2007:||I once was canadian |
What Were The Chances
|3.||Jan 17, 2007:||I once was canadian |
|6.||Jan 08, 2007:||Carrots & Sticks... But Mostly Sticks - Holding Down The Fort Post Basketball |
Urban singer-songwriter indie folk with narrative lyrics. This is a set of pretty sparse/ depressing songs. The narrative lyrics tell stories of middle America. It’d be an apt soundtrack to driving across middle-of-nowhere west Texas. Vocals are male, sometimes with female harmonies. Instrumentation is some or all of the following: guitar, vocals, cello, piano, drums. Really good set of songs overall. |
My picks: 1, 2, 6, 12
1. med-slow 6/8. melancholy vocals and cello over soft strummed acoustic guitar
2. medium tempo. nice harmony vocals. upbeat strumming but depressing vocals. Subtle piano.
3. slow. only guitar and vocals at the beginning. Piano later on. sparse and heavy.
4. sort of a continuation of 3. instrumental, short. cello and piano. play with 3.
5. plodding open drums. Subtle guitar. ominous cello. strange high pitched sound throughout.
6. medium tempo. cheesy drum machine. Simple arpeggiated guitar part.
7. med-slow. strummed guitar and vocals. piano (and falsetto vocals) near the end.
8. medium tempo. guitar and piano.
9. med-slow. guitar and vocals. some harmonica
10. light (getting heavier and more echoey as the song goes on) percussion and strummed guitar. organ comes in near the end
11. continues from 10. drone organ. Percussion continues. Piano comes in. Instrumental. Sparse and a bit experimental
12. simple med-slow strummed acoustic guitar part w/ vocals.
13. droney with echoey vocals. A bit experimental. Piano, glockenspiel and accordion come in and make it feel sweeter after the darker beginning.
|2.||Denton, Tx||8.||There Goes Your Man|
|3.||I Had No Intentions||9.||I Am Still Here|
|4.||Hotel Hospital||10.||Gasoline Drinks|
|5.||And Now That I'm In Your Shadow||11.||Survived By Her Husband|
|6.||What Were The Chances||12.||Gas Station|