|Ill Inspecta / Rudebwoy Anthems|
|Label:||Germaican / Www.Myspace.Com/Illinspecta|
|Add Date:||2006-11-26||Pull Date:||2007-01-28||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||28 Jan||21 Jan||14 Jan||7 Jan||31 Dec||24 Dec||17 Dec||10 Dec|
|1.||Jul 21, 2014:||Happy Hour |
Like Puppa San
|4.||Jan 25, 2007:||public noize racket |
Rudebwoy Anthem (Radio Clean)
|2.||Jan 27, 2007:||New World DIsorder |
Madd Paper (Jr. Blender Refix), Like Puppa San
|5.||Jan 20, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Jan 26, 2007:||Carrots & Sticks... But Mostly Sticks |
Bullit We A Fire (Feat. Lexie Lee)
|6.||Jan 15, 2007:||Headcleaner |
Ill Inspecta – Rudebwoy Anthems (Germaican)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 11/25/06
Top-ranking reggae/dancehall/hip hop from Germany. Riddims are killer, production thick and tasty, and Inspecta has a great delivery, both singing and rapping. Some lyrics might still be too hardcore for some folks, and I’ve tried to indicate that – most are sheer fun. The sound is just great – this is definitely making my top 10 list for 2006.
I’ve scrubbed all the FCCs, but “kuff” still often sounds a lot like “fuck”.
I think tracks 2, 6, and 11 are just fantastic!
1. ****vocal harmonies intro, midtempo roots skank, meant to be danced to with a Red Stripe in each hand. Fun vocal stuttering. Version was cleaned for radio at source.
2. *****hyperspeed Walk Don’t Run riddim, manic rap with shout outs to all the great (and many forgotten) Jamaican toasters – some names I haven’t heard in years. Yay!
3. ***bloopy dancehall riddim, spoken intro. All about initiating sex, but more joyful and fun than nasty and lewd, IMO.
4. ***downtempo hardcore beatbox hip hop riddim, boasting rap, awesome beat. The “fucks” now say “kuff” but it’s hard to tell...
5. *midtempo bloopy minimalist dancehall riddim, tough female vocalist. Unfortunately, the number of “fuckin”s that had to be cleaned up meant that it sounds pretty glitchy.
6. *****big intro, midtempo strictly rootswise skank with lots of horns, sweet but non-sappy love song.
7. ***audience noises and silly talking intro, upspeed minimalist dancehall riddim with exotic elements, rude bwoy lyrics.
8. ****uptempo dancehall riddim with Bollywood-inspired riffs, purely fun lyrics about brass in pocket.
9. ***uptempo hip-wiggler in praise of women of all sizes. Unapologetic dance number!
10. **midtempo electronic bloops riddim, gangsta retribution lyrics. A bit violent for my tastes, but the riddim and tune are terrific.
11. *****classic midtempo roots rock skank, great “live up right” lyrics. Love it!
12. **downtempo electronic dancehall beat, fun lyrics about (again!) sexy girls. NB: “their kitty tight and neat” may offend some…
13. ***uptempo electronic dancehall riddim, spoken intro, gangsta lyrics about retribution on perpetrators of non-consensual sex. Violent, but it sounds good…
14. **bloopy intro with random talking, slightly downtempo but hyper dancehall riddim. About being a health inspecta in a women’s clinic – COUGH COUGH.
15. ***midtempo dancehall riddim with great sound, gangsta lyrics
16. ****midtempo roots skank, remake of track 1 with pidgeon and Japanese lyrics - for Japanese release and not intended as insult.