|Les Amis Creole / Les Amis Creole|
|Album:||Les Amis Creole||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Les Amis Creole||Added:||Dec 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-12-31||Pull Date:||2007-03-04||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Feb 18||Jan 28||Jan 21||Jan 14|
|1.||Mar 14, 2017:||Waste FM |
Tout Le Monde
|4.||Feb 13, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Valse A Alcee Poullard
|2.||Dec 02, 2015:||12-2-2015 |
The Cowboy Waltz
|5.||Jan 23, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian - Tokyo |
Fais Pas Tout Ca!
|3.||Sep 11, 2011:||The Zydeco Workout |
|6.||Jan 16, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Les Amis Creole – Les Amis Creole (Arhoolie)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 12/23/06
Roots music of black creole Texans. Definite Delta vibe, but distinct from Zydeco or Cajun. Group consists of guitar, accordion and fiddle, occasional vocals. Apparently recorded, very rootsily, in a kitchen – occasionally you can hear a dog bark. Mostly two-steps, extremely dance-friendly, instrumentals often punctuated by exuberant yells.
No FCCs, and no particular favorites. All very lovely, rootsy and honest.
1. 3:45 upbeat two-step – all you need is a hardwood floor.
2. 3:43 midtempo but joyous-seeming waltz instrumental
3. 3:30 midtempo two-step, great intrumental workout for the accordion and fiddle.
4. 3:43 a bit downtempo, but still with lots of swing. Sweet song.
5. 2:52 upbeat instrumental two-step.
6. 3:11 midtempo waltz, great fiddle and rootsy vocals.
7. 3:03 upbeat, accordion-driven instrumental two-step.
8. 3:42 midtempo, pretty waltz (the woman who taught me Braille?)
9. 2:34 uptempo instrumental two-step.
10. 2:57 slightly downbeat waltz with two fiddles and vocals.
11. 2:31 upbeat midtempo two-step instrumental.
12. 3:34 uptempo two-step
13. 1:40 midtempo instrumental waltz with two accordions.
14. 2:54 midtempo instrumental reel with two fiddles. Ultra-rootsy.
15. 2:19 downtempo and the only melancholy-sounding track on the record. No one will dance with me! So I’ll sit here and pout.
16. 3:11 midtempo waltz, simple vocals.
17. 2:15 midtempo instrumental reel with two fiddles.
18. 1:26 somewhat uptempo instrumental two-step.