|Pilot Scott Tracy / We Cut Loose!|
|Album:||We Cut Loose!||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Pilot Scott Tracy||Added:||12/2006|
|Label:||Alternative Tentacles Records|
|Add Date:||2007-04-08||Pull Date:||2007-06-10|
|Week Ending:||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||22 Apr|
|1.||Tue, 13 May 08:||Francis D|
|4.||Tue, 03 Jul 07:||Francis D|
|2.||Wed, 26 Dec 07:||Francis D|
|5.||Tue, 26 Jun 07:||Francis D|
|3.||Tue, 17 Jul 07:||Francis D|
|6.||Tue, 12 Jun 07:||Francis D|
PILOT SCOTT TRACY – “WE CUT LOOSE”|
(alternative tentacles records)
poppy synth-rock with boy & girl vocals. at times more punk rock than pop, but with some moody, more keyboard-centered tracks. evokes girl group funtimes, whiny-voiced boys with rock guitar fantasies, sassy dance party rockers, robot keyboard funk jams, all together. occasional moments of twangy rockabilly and surf-influenced guitar swells, with moog-y goodness to lighten the mood. oh! and new wave danceability. pilot scott tracy includes scott and tracy cox-stanton formerly of the causey way and other members from man… or astroman? and the mooney suzuki. think of these bands and ladytron, or a louder messier mates of state (esp. on track one). - joanna s.
recommended tracks starred, = 1, 4, 6, 13 (beginning)
FCC clean (but track 13’s hidden track has a questionable use of ‘suckers’ near its end).
*1. (1:40) sassy boy/girl vox/screams, fun! like a short mission statement of the band. fast/loud with cute lyrics and spazzy keys.
2. (3:23) mid-tempo spoke-sung boy vox. over noisy/funky guitars and keys.
3. (3:46) faster, upbeat sweet girl vox.. over rock guitars. kind of long/drawn out.
*4. (2:36) mid to fast raunchy guitar effects and loud driving guitar & synth. wall of sound! snotty boy vox with woo!!s
5. (2:30) mid-tempo dueling boy vox. stutter-sung over poppy synths and guitars.
*6. (1:51) girls call it out with bis-style with ‘na na na’s and ‘uh-huh’s over sassy cowbell and guitars!
7. (3:46) moody slow keys + guitars with boy/girl dueling vox., funny/weird lyrics, kind of catchy. more sweet than strange.
8. (1:54) robot/spacey mid-tempo beat, toned down boy vox and melodic guitar lines.
9. (2:46) twangy cowboy rock, rockabilly swagger and exaggerated accented male vox. funny lyrics, mocking country music and evangelism, it seems.
10. (2:34) ladytron-esque mid-paced dispassionate fem. vox. over keyboards, singing about jules and jim (yes, of the french film). includes plenty of ‘la la la’s.
11. (2:38) echo-y mid-paced guitar twangs with assertive male vox. and chugging guitars.
12. (3:58) smiths cover, girl vox., smooth, but no improvement on the original.
*13. (6:09) FCC at end? fade in w/keyboards + guitars, slow, builds to a bit faster, ends at –4:26. then: a pause, and from -4:10, a funny wesley willis singing of the band’s name, and then an extra live track ‘u.f.o.’ which is loud and danceable.
|1.||Run Run, Run||7.||You Are Alone|
|2.||Just Like You||8.||Country Style|
|3.||5-19-22||9.||Jules, Jean & Juliette|
|4.||21 Years||10.||Cold As The North, Warm As The South|
|5.||So Strange||11.||There Is A Light That Never Goes Out|
|6.||Under The Apple Tree||12.||Take A Flight Ii|