|Freeheat / Back On The Water|
|Album:||Back On The Water||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Planting Seeds Records|
|Add Date:||2007-03-11||Pull Date:||2007-05-13|
|Week Ending:||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||8 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar|
|1.||May 11, 2007:||Something about music |
Shine On Little Star
|4.||Apr 07, 2007:||Biff Bang Pow |
Get On Home
|2.||May 02, 2007:||Where the Girls Are |
Shine On Little Star
|5.||Apr 05, 2007:||stochastic radio |
Dead End Kids
|3.||Apr 26, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
Dead End Kids
|6.||Mar 29, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
Lush, romantic, noisy guitar rock from ex-members of The Jesus & Mary Chain and Gun Club. Half live, half studio. This album sees Freeheat embracing their roots as well as branching out... as they'd done on their debut. They certainly do Jesus And Mary Chain very well. At times they come across like Teenage Fanclub doing Big Star (a good thing IMO) or, in moments, the Velvet Underground. Play with The Dandy Warhols, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Singapore Sling, The Raveonettes, and the aforementioned bands.|
FCC obscene: 8. FCC indecent: 1, 3, 4, 6, 14, 16.
I love the whole record, but:
Daytime start with 5, 7, 9. Safe Harbor start with 3, 4, 6. 14.
1. FCC indecent. Mid slow fuzzy groove. "Keep on truckin, keep on suckin', keep on fuckin'." Starts cold. Slow fade on power chord
2. Mid slow. Druggy country rock feel. Starts with a bang. Ends with feedback then applause.
==> 3. FCC indecent. Mid-slow. Velvet Underground feel. Starts with noisy strummed guitar. Ends with feedback then applause.
==> 4. FCC indecent. Slow. This is Freeheat doing Teenage Fanclub doing Big Star... via J&MC. Starts with strummed guitar. Ends with feedback and applause.
==> 5. Mid slow. Dark feel with prominent keyboards. Starts with a guitar flourish then whole band. Slow fade.
==> 6. FCC indecent. Mid tempo. Noisy, powerful, romantic... about sex & drugs. Angelic "ooh ooh" vocals. Starts with power chords. Ends with loud applause.
==> 7. Noisy J&MC blues rock. Starts with guitar riff. Ends with harmonica crescendo and fading guitar.
8. FCC Obscene. Don't play. (cool song, though.)
==> 9. Mid slow. Noisy love song. Breathy vocals & slide guitar. Starts with guitar and tambourine. Ends with feedback and fades.
10. Mid fast. Live version of track 7. Sparser, rawer, and higher energy.
11. Mid tempo. Relatively perky/happy rocker. Could be a mainstream hit. Starts with some snare hits. Fades.
12. Mid tempo. another relatively happy rocker. Romi Mori (bassist, from Gun Club) sings. Starts cold with whole band. Slows for last bar, fades, then applause.
13. Mid tempo dark groove. Sci-fi synth throughout. Starts cold. Fades, synth last.
==> 14. FCC indecent. Rawer, live version of track 9. (the only FCC violation is after the music stops: someone in the audience throws something Jim's guitar and he says "fuck yourself.")
15. Mid slow ballad with effects. Starts with synth noise. Fades.
16. FCC indecent. Power ballad (i.e. more reference to Teenage Fanclub referencing J&MC). Starts cold. Picks up tempo and becomes instrumental mid way. Ends with noise/jam crescendo, then audience noise.
17. Noisy, short instrumental. Starts loud. Stays loud. Fades, then audience sounds.
|1.||Keep On Truckin'||9.||Shine On Little Star|
|2.||What Goes Around||10.||Get On Home|
|3.||Back On The Water||11.||Down|
|4.||The Story So Far||12.||The Two Of Us|
|5.||Everything||13.||The Real Deal|
|6.||Dead End Kids||14.||Shine On Little Star|
|7.||Get On Home||15.||Don't Look Back|
|8.||Facing Up To The Facts||16.||K Moon|