|Mad Professor & Puls Der Zeit / Meet In Berlin At Checkpoint Charlie|
|Album:||Meet In Berlin At Checkpoint Charlie||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Mad Professor & Puls Der Zeit||Added:||01/2007|
|Add Date:||2007-01-14||Pull Date:||2007-03-18||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||18 Mar||11 Mar||25 Feb||18 Feb||11 Feb||28 Jan||21 Jan|
|1.||Sep 13, 2018:||ad hoc variety show |
Abu Dhabi Check, Zaire
|4.||Feb 09, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Apr 14, 2012:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Mar 17, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Flower On The Slope
|3.||Mar 15, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Mar 10, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Mad Professor & Puls der Zeit – Meet in Berlin at Checkpoint Charlie (ROIR)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/6/07
Dub/electronica by the top English dub producer and German rock/reggae/experimental outfit. Vocals mostly in German, often featuring breakthrough female German reggae singer Soer la Blanche. Lots of really interesting and unusual sounds – sort of Uber-dub.
No FCCs that I could make out. I LOVE track 10, all tracks are good to excellent.
1. 3:24 **just horns and a bit of talking for several seconds, then downtempo skank with rather minimalist instrumentation.
2. 5:06 ***very downtempo skank with male and female processed vocals in German and English
3. 3:02 ** somewhat uptempo almost Rock Steady riddim with fun vocals, including Mad Professor himself, mostly in German.
4. 3:02 ***hard drum and bass, horns – very cool riddim! Female vocals in German, odd yelling in English.
5. 3:16 **pretty midtempo skank, lots of vocals in German.
6. 4:33 **rather menacing downtempo skank with mysterious noises and unintelligible talking as well as female vocals in German.
7. 7:10 *random radio noise, something about George Bush in German, odd little bouncy rhyme, than midtempo skank, mostly female vocals. Lots of effects and piano.
8. 5:32 ***really crazy bass and horn-driven downtempo riddim with crashing drumbeat, effects-laden male speaking in English. Kind of beyond dub… Ends with odd talking
9. 3:17 *pretty midtempo skank, female vocals in German.
10. 6:24 *****awesome horn and drum, downtempo riddim with bits of Eastern influence, female vocals in German. Ends with a bit of speaking in French.
|1.||Sex And Crime Dub||6.||Nordpol Emil|
|2.||Abu Dhabi Check||7.||Tribute To Joseph Beuys|
|3.||Walkman Blaumann Yellowman||8.||Flower On The Slope|
|4.||Graffitiger||9.||Spuren Im Wind|