|Simpecao / Aflamencarse|
|Add Date:||2007-01-28||Pull Date:||2007-04-01||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 25||Feb 18||Feb 11|
|1.||Dec 20, 2012:||Cacao! |
|4.||Mar 24, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Sep 30, 2009:||public noize racket |
|5.||Mar 13, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Mar 31, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Los Dos Moros
|6.||Mar 10, 2007:||New World Disorder |
La Suerte Esta De Mi Lado
Simpecao – Aflamencarse (Random)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/18/07
Flamenco moderno de Argentina. In general, they stick closer to pure flamenco than the better known Spanish groups like Ojos de Brujo and Amparanoia, but a couple of songs feature electronic dance beats, and a couple have more Western Hemisphere-style Latin rhythms. The lead guitar is excellent and single female vocalist has a fine, emotional delivery. Good stuff! This is something like their 6th album, BTW.
All in Spanish, no obvious FCCs. 1, 10 and 12 are best, IMO.
1. ****uptempo dual guitars and percussion/claps, lots of energy.
2. *subdued single guitar and voice at start, then midtempo with some percussion. Very pretty guitar work, passionate vocals.
3. *jangles and dual guitars, downtempo and a bit melancholy, but very pretty.
4. **slow, slinky percussion, a bit of ethereal electronics, subdued but dramatic.
5. ***talking at start like party or rehearsal – music starts for real half a minute in. Fairly uptempo and energetic. Lots of percussion in the middle – nice!
6. **somewhat uptempo, wonderful guitar, some handclaps.
7. *electronic dance beat! Odd… the other instrumentation and vocals are nice, but I don’t know if I’m ready for flamenco rave…
8. *very subdued midtempo. Nice flamenco guitar and vocals, with a bit of synthesized strings and beat.
9. **subdued and somewhat downtempo with a bit of odd loping beat and fretless bass. Gets more energy after a minute or so, with some claps and nice guitar work.
10. ****somewhat uptempo rumba flamenca (almost a cumbia) with good energy. Nice bit with just vocals and percussion. Jazzy piano in second half.
11. **dual guitar and almost whispered vocals, relaxed and pretty.
12. ****electronics and bits of vocals and guitar at intro, then downtempo belly dance beat with doumbek. Interesting mashup of modern sounds, North African influences and flamenco.
13. **another electronic dance beat, but with a bit of syncopation – remix of track one with a lot of electronic bloops.
|2.||El Aire De Mi Madre||8.||Amores Que Han Pasado|
|3.||Dos Sangres En Una||9.||Quiero Darte|
|4.||Solitos||10.||La Suerte Esta De Mi Lado|
|5.||Te Pasaste De La Raya||11.||Solo En Ti|
|6.||Esa Flamenca Morena||12.||Los Dos Moros|