Excellent taiko drumming from a young and energetic group (who seem to be all female). Thunderous drums, flutes, cymbals, chants, you know the drill. Many of these tracks are epics of varying tempos, intensities, and moods. They are all very, very good. And you can’t go wrong with any of them. Good notes, too.
*1. Slow flute/drum intro, gets mid then fast. It goes places.
2. Increasing tempos, sort of menacing, flutes come in at 7:30.
3. The musical flow of a river: angry rapids, peaceful currents…
*4. Horn, fast drums. A big, urgent, driving call to arms.
*5. Festival music, upbeat drums, flutes.
6. Flute intro, mid/uptempo drums, flutes, gongs. Nice.
*7. Sounds of the sea. Fast drums/gongs as waves crash.
8. Midtempo. Nicely swirling flutes. Rather elegant festival dance.
9. Midtempo blend of lilting flutes/drums/chanting. Kind of sweet.
10. Increasing/decreasing tempos. Mostly mid & driving.