|Freedman, Lori / 3|
|Add Date:||2007-03-11||Pull Date:||2007-05-13||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar|
|1.||May 11, 2007:||Memory Select |
|4.||Apr 27, 2007:||Memory Select |
|2.||May 10, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|5.||Apr 22, 2007:||Whatever It is |
Poussiere De Lune
|3.||May 04, 2007:||the jewish alternative |
|6.||Mar 31, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
Poussiere De Lune
Free jazz / mixed genre bizarreness. Great. F’ed up, raw, cerebral, visceral, creepy, assaulting, free. ‘Nuf said. Instruments include: turntables, guitar (electric and acoustic), soprano sax, bass, percussion, and “little objects”. 11 and 13 sound most like “jazz” if you’re looking for that.|
1. Static / soft electronic sounds start, creepy bass clarinet joins.
*2. Tweaked out r2d2 with prepared guitar (acoustic and electric) and skronky clarinet.
**3. Crunchy electronic monster snoring + fast-picked prepared guitar + clarinet. Please tell me that’s turntable scratching around 1 minute in – it sounds so great. A ton of different sounds/genres together here.
4. Clarinet starts, soft kitchen percussion, creepy motor roar creeps in. @ 2:15 left noodly plucked tweaky guitar + messed up turntables + sax.
5. Could almost be a tweaky rock song at first. Mellow compared to the other tracks, until the electronics get scary the last minute. @ 60-20 second left, beautiful.
6. Jaw harp, frilly speechlike sax, scraping metal, very danceable (sic).
*7. Sax and... some other similar-sounding instrument (oboe/bagpipe/kazoo???) wailing in harmony over ticky gongy percussion/electronics/guitar. Creepy.
*8. Industrial free jazz? Very dark, ecstatically low down soulful pining/singing. Right out of Dante’s Inferno.
9. Tweaky skittery ensemble, high-mid pitch. Like an interlude.
*10. Sounds like the machinations of a delicate robot digesting. Kinda droney, dark.
11. Bass, clarinet, percussion, jazziest track.
12. Cute clarinet melody, broken bass bowing, shaker/rattle percussion.
*13. Groovy bass, purring something, skittery percussion. Jazzy.
|2.||The Tribe Of Triclops||8.||Poussiere De Lune|
|4.||Seven||10.||The Light Of Night|
|5.||Spaghetti Brule||11.||Six Degrees|