Local psychedelic/art pop. Curtains are none other than Chris Cohen’s solo project after his departure from DEERHOOF. Think of early Pink Floyd and late Beatlesque British psychedelia meeting Deerhoof’s cut and paste approach in instrumental phrasing. Or just think Flaming Lips. Quite honestly, Chris’ one man band often sounds like Deerhoof (especially the vocal harmonies) minus Satomi and the gang. I suppose not a bad thing.
Play: 9, 2, 1, 6, 4
1. Pretty acoustic ballad. Lazy, slow, sweet, atmospheric, sensitive. Cute!
2. CCR-guitar intro leads into infectious Deerhoof pop that rocks!
4. Last 60s British psych references.
6. Think early Pink Floyd meets Deerhoof.
8. Piano-dominated. The Flaming Lips meet the Beatles (ca. Abbey Road).
9. Rocking psych tune! Heavy guitars (think Love) and chimes.
11. Heavy funk guitar groove. Jazzy.