Local (SF) garage punk featuring the Hemlock Tavern’s booking (Tony) and sound (Chris) crew. Not to be confused with Hank Williams’ offspring. The name’s a spoof. Assaulting, unadulterated, loud, take-no-prisoners, edgy rawk’n’roll from former members of Icky Boyfriends, the Roofies, and Resineators. The lead singer’s got a Captain Beefheart-sounding voice. In 6 words: Captain Beefheart meets the Fall. This CD was among the best of 2006.
Play 4, 8, 2, 6, 5 (FCCs: 7)
2. Rhythmically bouncy and rockabilly-ish. Think Captain Beefheart singing the Fall.
4. Retro psych. Bouncy bass lines, slick guitar riffs, narrating/prosaic and psych-sounding vocals. Cool track!
5. Starts with whistling. Angular, post-punky guit licks.
6. Very Fall-like guitar lines and percussion with riling vocals and garage rock guitar solo.
8. Epic balls-out post-punk tune with cool organ coda. Loud and Intense!
9. Heavy/fast guitar work. Cool guitar counterpoints and layering. Intense and weird leading vocals. Epic classic rock coda.